Sorceress on Steed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorceress on Steed

Basic question realy

I cant seem to find a model for a sorceress on a steed, just some silly Cold one.

Is it going to get a release soon? a new model that is, or is it conversions thats needed (i plainly suck at that part sadly )

Is there any list on upcoming releases from GW?

//Kerrai

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they have no model for a scorceress on a steed. you would have to do some conversion work to get one. they did just come out with some new dreadlord models though, one of which was a Dreadlord/master on a Dark Steed (with Battle standard too). Until just recently there was not a character at all on a dark steed. A cold one is not really that bad for a sorceress. I do prefer a steed sure, but the extra armour save is nice since sorceresses do not wear armour. if they fail the stupidity test then sure it sux, but at least you can still cast magic.

what i suggest you do is buy a morathi on a dark pegasus. a dark pegasus is basically a dark steed with wings. after you buy it just do not put the wings on it when you put it together. since morathi is a sorceress, it will work fine. I would buy two morathis though if i were you. since supreme sorceresses can opt. for a dark pegasus mount, you may want a model with the wings on it. besides, you can use THAT model for morathi OR a supereme sorceress on a dark pegasus. morathi rules by the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I converted some Dark Riders from WE Glad Riders, 2 boxes gives 16 models. I only want 3 units of 5, so I had a spare. A little conversion work (added a funky staff to a robed up bodies with t3h bewbs) and you've got a Sorceress.

Cold Ones suck for casters, Ld8 stupidity is so not worth the risk.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ==Me== View Post
    I converted some Dark Riders from WE Glad Riders, 2 boxes gives 16 models. I only want 3 units of 5, so I had a spare. A little conversion work (added a funky staff to a robed up bodies with t3h bewbs) and you've got a Sorceress.

Not the best choice no, I certainly wouldn't pick it for the save increase. But consider, while mounted on a cold one she causes fear, at the risk of her own leadership the cold one can use other peoples leadership to keep her out of combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by ==Me== View Post

Do you have some pictures? I'm currently converting Dark Riders from Glade Riders myself. And I have a problem with the spears currently my model has 2 spears. What did you do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aimbob View Post
    Do you have some pictures? I'm currently converting Dark Riders from Glade Riders myself. And I have a problem with the spears currently my model has 2 spears. What did you do?

I see your trouble. While I didn't use warrior bodies on my own gladeguard, I did run into the two spears issue. I used flush-cutters to cut the spear off the back. If you cut flush with the quiver and flush with the cloak, a little filing hides the fact that there was ever a spear there. There will still be the rod on the underside of the cloak, but primed black nobody will ever notice it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by redphantasm View Post
    Not the best choice no, I certainly wouldn't pick it for the save increase. But consider, while mounted on a cold one she causes fear, at the risk of her own leadership the cold one can use other peoples leadership to keep her out of combat.
    I'd much rather use M9 to avoid combats altogether and avoid being stupid.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread