Standard of Slaughter question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Standard of Slaughter question

I've played a game last week against Empire + Ogre kingdoms. It was pretty though.

He fielded a bull rhinox rider and he was heading for my flank. I sat up a trap, flew my harpies into his line of sight and my 5 CoK as a counter charge. He failed his charge test so he had to charge, my harpies fled and the next turn I could charge him, gave the models an extra attack with Cauldron and managed to win. I had to overrun since I'm DE. My other opponent forsaw this and place a unit of spear elves a bit back.

I overran in a straight line and my left was infront of his warriors. He charged and I couldn't flee because of scenery. I took the charge and lost combat. My CoK had a Standard of Slaughter with them. They said I couldn't add the D3 CR since my banner isn't in the front rank.

Is this true?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's in your front rank then you can add the bonus. if i understand the scenario that you explained right, it sounds like he got the flank charge and was counting the models in base contact with his as your new front rank. if he did do that than he is absolutely wrong. if your standard bearer is in YOUR front rank then you always get to count the bonus CR, and if you have a magic banner on it then you of course get that bonus as well... whatever it may be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Even better! I thought that I could at least add the D3 CR because if a unit has a fear causing banner on it and it's charged in the flank it is still fear causing.

But thanks alot I would have hold ground.

What happens if I get flank charged and win the combat but the enemy holds his ground. When normal units go head on you may overlap. Can a flank charged unit reform or anything like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can reform to face the attacker if you won the combat. I don't have my BRB with me but it should be under "redress the ranks".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, look at pg.46 and pg.80 in your Warhammer rule book. You do get a free reform if you win any combat. So for instance, your enemy gets the flank charge, but you win the combat by one or more and your enemy passes his break test. You get a free reform or if your enemy breaks and you have the option to not pursue, you can turn your unit to face another direction if you choose. This is good for setting up another charge the next turn. But as we know dark elves must pursue.

Oh, and the only think different about someone getting the flank on you is that they get 1 extra CR point for the flank itself.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

doesn't matter where he charges you, you get your CR for the banner. The problem is that you only get +D3 on the charge if I remeber right, so you would have been just +1 for normal banner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Buckero0 thanks for the reminder I totally forgot about it. Have to keep it in mind for future games.

+ Reply to Thread