Need help against dwarves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help against dwarves

Recently i clashed against a really tough dwarf army, and i had no clue how to take it down... He deployed his organ guns, bolt throwers and catapult on a hill with his army centred around it. I was totaly crushed the organ gun devastated half of my army, my wizards just keept misscasting and he dispelled everything that went through. My shooting had almost no effect because of their damned T4 and super saves. None of my units could break the dwarves especialy not after losing my rank bonus to their shooting.

So my question is how do i beat the dwarves?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play both Dark Elves and Dwarfs but have never realy actually played against Dwarfs. But i do think i can make som suggestions.

DON'T wield any shooting, maybe with the exeption of dark riders. He will just laugh at you with his T 4 and high AS.
    Use that you are ALOT faster than him. Alot of harpies and dark riders to take out his warmachines. 10+ harpies in one regiment cause even his crew can put upp a fight beacause they are STUBBORN. And if you charge his Quarrellers or thunderers keep in mind that even those can give you a god fight(i.e. GW, HW+Shield).

Wield ALOT of magic(Black horror on the top of a warrior regiment,) it would even work against ironbreakers(no AS!).

And STAY AWAY from his dwarf lord. There is nothing he rather want but to meet you in combat. Stay out of your charge distance or he will make you meet him because of the Master rune of challange(i.e. charge or flee). Just blast the lords regiment to hell with your magic.

Use big regiment because you can be sure he will. Even those pesky stunties will have a hard time with 9 CoK and a master charging him in the front(i.e. atleast 8 S 6 attacks + the cold ones

Forget all your S 3 units and use Exegutioners, chariots, CoK, Shades just watch out for the organ gun, does't need to hit, hydra but war machines can deal you alot of harm.

Just wield alot of harpies!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Harpies to block shooting, Shades and DRs to hunt war machines.

Use your speed and maneuverability to run circles around him and get through his tough blocks. DE magic can overpower Dwarf defenses thanks to PoD and items like the Sacrificial Dagger and Darkstar Cloak. Dark magic or the lore of metal will serve you well here.

What does your army usually entail?
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My army is pretty much infantry based, lots of spearmen and corsairs with a unit of black guard as my center, i also filed a pair of bolt throwers and 8 shades. My heroes are 2 Lv2 sorcerers and a BSB to keep it my spearmen in place

As i noticed DE infantry is useless against dwarves since i can hardly cause any wounds at all. Only the black guard pose a serious threat and they cant go within 24 of the darned organ gun without losing hal the unit... couldn´t cover them either since all his warmachines where placed on a hill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best way to deal with the organ guns is a sorceress with a focus familliar and blade/chillwind. You can wander about 6" out of his range blasting him with spells.

Bladewind's good because the attacks only hit the crew and there's a chance your going to wound them.

Chillwind isn't as good but if you don't randomize onto the war machine you can stop it shooting but remenber you have to kill one not just wound it to stop them shooting.

+ Reply to Thread