Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey there, as i've decided to start up fantasy with the dark elves, here's some q's
about the, oh, so pretty corsairs.
I fully intend to built an army themed on the daring cutthroats.
Please forgive the utterly noobish questions
1a. as i do not yet grasp the rules fully, are handbows good for anything other than killing march blockers and generally being a nuisance or screen for other squishies?
1b. as i understand it, if you intend to charge you can't fire, making handbows pretty awkward?
2. apart from looking stunning, do blocks of corsairs with all hand weapons generally pull their weight in combat, even if you don't give them the frenzy banner?
(banner of murder comes to mind)
3. Pair of handbows for the reaver, since he doesnt swap his two handweapons for them?
(a piddly 4 shots, but still)
4. Lokhir fellheart...
Awesome model, interesting rules, does he have potential other than "charge into the biggest ranked unit he can find" ?
Reading his rules, i get the feeling he is a cross between lucius the eternal and Drazhar in 40k..
(the thought makes me all warm and fuzzy inside)
Anybody used him with success?
5. and finally, the battalion box, are all the standard upgrade sprues included, or can i only make what it says on the tin?
(want to make 20 warriors into RXB's with shields if possible)
Thanks in advance
Last edited by arachnid; March 10th, 2009 at 22:12. Reason: splelink
Just started a Dark Elf army myself so i can only answer question 5. Yes, it's possible to make 20 RXB's, did it myself. However, there are only 12 shields, which should be enough iirc. Though if you want 20 you can always buy some on ebay.
1a) Yep, it's a short ranged threat. Very nice for flank protection and can do a number on large targets.
1b) Can't shoot and charge
2) Tons of S3 attacks are nice against most infantry, up against heavier armor you'll have to go for the Banner of Murder or an assassin.
3) Nifty idea
4) Very nasty up against ranked units, and he can protect other characters with daring leap. He racks up the VPs like crazy and causes Terror too.
5) Only 12 shields, otherwise you have enough crossbows and spears for everyone.
Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com
Thanks for the replies.
i guess i'll order some more shields from GW .
I saw that there are normal ones as well as the new metal shield packs.
hehe, this is gonna be fun.
So it does just say "give pair of handbows to reaver" so it doesn't replace his hand weapons, for the tiny points cost why not? Now I gotta figure out how to model this....