Any tips for my 2k list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any tips for my 2k list

I just recently got into Warhammer I was convinced into playing it by a friend of mine who is also new to the game. He plays VC so most of the mini games we play I get stomped in cause I can't stop (and don't know how to stop) his raise zombie crap. I came up with this list and am looking for any advice or changes that should be made and why...any tips are greatly appreciated.

Characters
    Dreadlord: General
    Command: Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield
    Magic Items: Armor of Eternal Servitude, Pendant of Khaeleth, Whip of Agony
    Total: 244 points

Sorceress
    Magic Level: 2
    Magic Items: Sacrificial Dagger, Pearl of Infinite Bleakness
    Total: 185 points

Master: BSB
    Equipment: Great Weapon, Shield
    Magic Items: Seal of Ghrond, Blood Armor
    Total: 160 Points

Core
    23 Dark Elf Warriors
    Equipment: Shield
    Command: Standard (War banner)
    Total: 192 points
    (Dreadlord and Sorceress here 5x5 formation)

10 Dark Riders
    Equipment: Repeater Crossbows
    Total: 220 points

5 Harpies
    Total: 55 points

Special
    5 Cold One Knights
    Command: Standard, Cold Blood Banner, Dread Knight
    Total: 166 points

17 Black Guard
    Command: Standard, Hag Graef, Tower Master, Crimson Death
    Total: 309 points
    (BSB General here 6x3 formation)

5 Shades
    Equipment: Great Weapon
    Total: 90 points

Rare
    2 Reaper Bolt Throwers
    Total: 200 points

War Hydra
    Total: 175 points

Total: 1996

Thanks d00ds

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    Maybe you should post this in the army list section.
    I think you will need another core unit since harpies don't count as core, or split the Dark Riders into two units of 5. The point cost for your coks should be higher too, I think. Seems a pretty solid list all in all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the help kinda new to librarium so i reposted it in the army section

and the dark riders would have been in 2 units of 5 but i have reworked quite a bit of the list

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by frapermax View Post
    Hi,
    Maybe you should post this in the army list section.
    I think you will need another core unit since harpies don't count as core, or split the Dark Riders into two units of 5. The point cost for your coks should be higher too, I think. Seems a pretty solid list all in all.
    Dark Elves aren't the thoughest army. Not are they the best at combat. But they can move like the wind. Take a flank charge against a skelly unit and they have no rankbonus, they're most likely to lose.

VC heroes are pretty tough but they lack an uber save we can get. we can get 1+ save regeneration and 2+ wardsave. They can get a 4+ ward save and regen at best something like that, so try to kill the characters and their magic will slowly shutdown, kill the general and the entire army will crumble slowly.

Dont use shooting against VC, only light arrows to get rid of their light cav.

Some tips for you list:

Hellsarchangel you posted it in the right thread. You're asking about tactics and you posted the list you're using so we can see what you field.

You Dark Rider unit is a bit big, use them as units of 5 with crossbows and a musician. With these guys you clean up his weak stuff, hounds and perhaps flyers. And flank/rear attack weak units, zombies or skelletons. But only if it will add something to the combat. Once their rankbonus is gone they drop easy.

Pearl of Infinite Bleakness perfect choice. This way the unit doesn't run from losing combat by an outnumbering fear causing enemy.

Use your harpies to take down wolves

17 Black Guards are nice good anvil unit. You could try if you have more black guards take 2 units of 10-14. These units can hold done the enemy with their stubborn and LD10 from general. While your flanking units take their flanks.

CoK nice flank unit

Shades nice to herras flanks and other weaker units, with GW they can take a shot at black knights, again shoot light stuff you'r eplaying dark elves they need to have the advantage of the movement.

Reaper Bolt thrower, replace this with another unit, try witch elves or corsairs with the frenzy banner. They're capable of taking down a skelly unit easy and with frenzy they dont have to worry about fear causing.

Hydra awesome flanker, Walk up flank flame them away, next turn charge in rear/flank
    Last edited by aimbob; March 23rd, 2009 at 18:43.
    :B

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for your tips!

im probably going to end up dropping one unit of 5 dark riders and the bolt thrower like you said and most likely pick up some shades and some more black guard possibly trim points elsewhere too.

he actually uses no hounds he always runs a unit of 20 ghouls, 2 units of skeletons and a unit of crypt guard with 2 corpse carts. he has a hero in his crypt guard or grave guard not sure what its called and one with his skeletons. he uses the 3+ invocate alot also /wrists

+ Reply to Thread