Considering Dark Elves as my 1st WH army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Stirling, Scotland
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

23 (x2)

Considering Dark Elves as my 1st WH army

HI all, I'm a 40K player first and foremost, but most of the people I know who play 40K, also play Fantasy and I was considering getting into it myself. For whatever reason I am considering Dark Elves, but truth be told, I know nothing of them or any other amry for that matter. If I were to start with Dark Elves, what units would you consider worthwile to use so that, given time, I could use them well? Maybe start with 500 points and slowly work up sort of thing.
    Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Id suggest units you would use in most DE makeup armies. Unit of 10 or so Repeater Crossbowmen, Spearmen, Sorceress, Bolt Thrower, Dark Riders.

2 Boxes of warriors would give you a nice mix of 10 Repeater Crossbowmen and 22 Warriors w/ spears and shields.

Perhaps 5 or so dark riders

a bolt thrower

a sorceress (probably unmounted)

those are pretty much in just about every DE army and can form a pretty good core 500 pt army.

If you want an elite unit or two id go with black guard (maybe executioners or cold ones if you like them better)

+ Reply to Thread