Efficient Minimal Magic Defense - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Efficient Minimal Magic Defense

I'm starting DE and am currently building a list with a Dreadlord on Pegasus. I don't want to spend points on 3 sorceresses to try to have a magic phase, so I am looking for guidance on spending minimal points to protect myself. Right now I am looking at 2 lvl 1 caddies at 300pts total. Does anyone else have suggestions? The rest of my army consists of dark riders, harpies, shades, RBT, hydra, etc ... basically all my units are less that 150pts, so I will have plenty of units that can suicide in to kill wizards, if that affects your advice.

2. Remove Advertisements

LO Zealot
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x7)

What type of block troops are you planning on? I've got a similar list (Noble on peg instead of dreadlord) I really like that you can get the seal of ghrond on a non-casting character. The only problem is due to it's cost, it limits the type of protection you can otherwise get. In fact, that whole section (talisman section?) has loads of good items like the pendant, Nulltalismans (great for champs or bsbs) ring of hotek, etc.

I haven't played with it much, but a lot of people seem to be afraid of the ring of hotek. So even the psychological effect of it being present makes some people back down on their magic. If you have it on a character that can move and get close to the enemies' wizards that tends to shut down magic threats in a lot of games in theory. But then again, if the dreadlord takes it, he can't have the pendant. If a bsb takes it, he can still afford the 1+ or the blood armor, etc.

I think 5DD + the ring and a scroll or 2 is good, you might even get away with 4DD, Ring and scroll against a lot of the lists. You looking to play in tournaments with this list or just friendly or both?

+ Reply to Thread