DE against dwarfs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

DE against dwarfs

Im going to be playing dwarfs Monday, and its a make or brake game! I’m playing in a campaign and basically as those of you have seen my "DE against VC" thread will know im not doing well. So if i lose this game im as good as out of the campaign. So any help that can be given for me to fight against dwarfs will be really good.

I'm currently looking at combat orientated. A Hydra will be used. I am limited to what i can use; the campaign system allows you to choose from a 2500pts list. So anyone that can help this game will be 1200 pts and any helpful information for fighting dwarfs will be much appreciated.

"Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CoKs with BsB hydra banner will rip most of their units a new one, that and ASF BG, hydras would work, but Bolt throwers would be nice against their armour, hmm I dunno about magic due to their xtra DD though overwhelming magic would be nice, lore of shadows is quite nasty against them, well atleast the last spell is.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

Thanks for the advice i will keep i will be putting some Cok's in now.

Anyone else got ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Don't charge head on, use your speed and maneuverability to get around them. COKs, Hydras, and Execs are all excellent can opener units, and some SCR wouldn't go unmissed either.

Dwarf anti-magic is potent, but DE magic can overpower it. I'd pick the lore of metal to shut down his war machines, screw with runic items, and BBQ all his heavily armored units. The Dark lore is decent enough, Chillwind in particular, but Black Horror can have some amusing results (Dwarfs are only S3 typically )
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Just use our maneuverability to your advantage. Make one of your priorities to take out his machines and as much range as you can, once you do that all you need to do is set your troops up and let 'em rip. Make sure your expensive units, such as those CoK, are screened by cheap units as a single cannon or bolt shot could waste 300+ points.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

744 (x8)

Thanks for advice guys. What would be best at taking down war mashines quickly? Would harpies do a good job?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

I confess I have not played against Dorfs (only know that 'Dwarf Player' and 'Tactics' are usually considered mutually exclusive :p) the most common form they use is a line though - so surely something that gets BEHIND them is useful? So potentially fliers and shades should in theory be good at least delaying the firepower for a little while.

I may be talking utter codswallop though, I've only seen a few battles versus Dwarfs I'm afraid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Shades will mess up Dwarf war machine crews, as would an assassin hopping around with Steed of Shadows or that handy gift of khaine. Harpies and DR would do well too, but they may not be able to wipe the unit out.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

If you want to be REALLY mean you could use SB....I'd see this as a waste of points unless he has a lot of war machines. Then again you wouldnt have to doubt whether or not the job would get done.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

shades with assassin will be useful if he places his artillary close to terrain. Furies tend to be in for a fight with dwarves. Their better WS and T seem too much of a match for furies usually, but furies are a cheap way to hold up a warmachine.

Are you playing 1200 pts or 2500pts? What are the other rules and maybe we could help better. I'd love a noble on pegasus or lots of dark riders personally. BG will get shot to death. Any chance of an anvil? If not, you'll be fine. Watch out for oathstones since everyone around here seems to play with 2-3.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast