Meagre Pickings; starting Dark Elves for an escalation campaign - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Tak
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    114 (x2)

Meagre Pickings; starting Dark Elves for an escalation campaign

Over the Summer Holidays (those eight week I traditionally spend suffering in a sweatbox of a workplace wishing I could go back to school) I've gotten myself into an escalation campaign where each of the players basically starts a fresh FB army and builds it in small incriments, playing games along the way.

I've a couple of firends entering too, one picking up High Elves and the other Wood Elves, which has prompted me to go the Dark Elf rounte. The Darkblade books help a little too, if I'm honest.

The rules are going to require me to field at least a Hero and a Core for the first stage. Points value of... wait for it... 250! The rules of the campaign are fairly flexible one being able to completely mutate the list inbetween stages, although the one stipulation is that my General must be the character throughout. I can upgrade her with items or take the jump from hero to lord as the campaign progresses, but essentially if you start out with a Gobbo leading your 250 you can't have an Orc general at 2k and the same goes for choppy characters and wizards.

Also, you're permitted one unit of something at less than the legal unit size so long as it isn't your compulsory core.

So, I'm looking for 250 points of Dark Elf... lead by a Sorceress because I ultimately want the level 4. I had though of something like;

Sorceress w/ Darkstar Cloak
    10 Repeater Crossbow Warriors
    1 Shade

Looking to marchblock with the shade and use a 2 dice Power of Darkness then throw the rest of the dice at Chillwind or Fireball and do some shooting.

I'm throwing this out there as a request for better ideas; Power, gold and scantily clad slaves await those who pledge their loyalty!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

yikes = sounds tough, but you ought to be able to move up fast cause 250 pts could get you about 18 games in 2 hours.

I'd definately keep the crossbows, unless you have some dark riders at your disposal. You might want to consider the lifetaker on the sorceress and maybe a powerstone. It would throw some people off and could make your one hit magic phase a killer if you rolled a decent spell. Or you could drop the power stone and take the tome of furion - that coupled with power of darkness spell could make your magic phase and shooting phase lethal

- he either takes chillwind in the face, or dispels it with 2 dice. You then have a 50% chance of getting 2-4 more dice for your other spell, hopefully a killer spell.

Tak
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    114 (x2)

I've proxied it out and I'm really liking the list I have.

First game was against a High Elf player with the traditional 10 archers and a Noble with the (I think...) Reaver Longbow. Needless to say; Chillwind won the day!

Second game was against Gobbos. The Shade drew his Fanatic out nicely on the first turn and the Dice Gods smiled upon the Sorceress with an offering of Bladewind which she used to whittle the greenskins down enough for the Crossbowmen to wipe them out with one volly once they got in short range. I love Bladewind so much... just wish it I got the hatred bonus on it.

I've really been underestimating the Druchii Sorcery rule- it's obscenely powerful once you factor in Power of Darkness.

Time to buy that Avatars of War Sorceress!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds fun!

what kind of escalation do you have between games?

+ Reply to Thread