Hydras and characters joining BG - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hydras and characters joining BG

Okay I think it is legal to have a hydra join a unit of Black Guards?

- How does this work with ranks?

- What about immune to psycology, stubborn, leadership in generel and terror? How do they combine?

- What about the beastmasters? Can they stay in the second rank, well protected by the Black guards?

- What about SoHG? It should work on the entire unit, right? And a Ring of Darkness on a character would shield both hydra and BG from shooting?

- Finally, can a dreadlord on a dark steed join the Black Guards also?

Just a little mindgame. I am unsure of the rules here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

The War Hydra and Black Guard are different units. You can't join units together, only Characters can join units, so most of your questions are moot.

As for a Dreadlord on a Dark Steed, Characters can join any unit regardless of whether they are mounted or not, UNLESS the Character's mount can fly, in which case he can't. So yes, your Dreadlord on Dark Steed can join a Black Guard unit.

V
    Last edited by Vespasian; July 24th, 2009 at 15:06.
    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! What about single monsters and units. Like a treeman in an eternal guard? Or a mounted character on a monster that cant fly, like a carnosaur? Could he join saurus warriors?

I know these particular questions should be in another forum, but now that we are at it...

I am just curious. I wasnt able to find anything about it in the rulebook. Maybe I am just getting blind.

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Auere; July 24th, 2009 at 15:55.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Auere View Post
    Thanks! What about single monsters and units. Like a treeman in an eternal guard?
    They are different units. See the first paragraph of "The Monster Model" section (under "Monsters" on Page 58 of the rulebook), it explains it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Auere View Post
    Or a mounted character on a monster that cant fly, like a carnosaur? Could he join saurus warriors?
    Yes, because his mount isn't a flying mount.

V.
    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

+ Reply to Thread