Warhammer ADD...on to DE - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warhammer ADD...on to DE

OK, if you've seen me post similar threads in other forums it's because I have what is like ADD when choosing an army. I've turned to Dark Elves and I love the Executioners and Corsairs. I was just wondering how to start an army with up to $150 AUD and with convertions if necessary. Could you give me ideas on what to buy?

PS: I've heard from a fair few people that Executioners and Corsairs are terrible. Is this true?

EDIT: lol...fifty posts

Armies: (Chaos) Space Marines [1250pts], O&G [2250 pts], OK [1000pts]
    Da face of Mork looks down on the Gobbers of da Bwoo Moon, da bestest Gobbos eva.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Executioners are good with the ASF banner,str X ASF killing blow is always good, but otherwise will not do much. However, I don't play either of these units. Therefor, I can't give you a good group of products to buy.
    Ave Dominus Nox!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel2495 View Post
    PS: I've heard from a fair few people that Executioners and Corsairs are terrible. Is this true?
    Executioners aren't awful, it's just that the other special choices are either faster (COK) or substantially underpriced (Black Guard). Executioners end up in limbo as a result.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suggest at least 3 boxes of Dark Elf Warriors. The models look great and are equally effective on the battlefield. If you have limited funds you could go for a 1000 point army.
    An assassin is cheap and effective. The hydra is also really a great addition. (if you dont like the model, several other ranges of 25mm models have a hydra!) Dark Riders are terrific, but very expensive. You could consider conversions from Wood Elf glade riders. A sorceress is also a good addition. Cold one Knights are also pretty good, if they dont go stupid at the wrong moment.

I wouldnt bother for corsairs or executioners - corsairs are to expensive (pointwise) and executioners to fragile for 1000 point battles. The same goes for The black Guard. At 2000 points I would recommend them 100%, but at 1000, they will just get shot down.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Auere View Post
    I suggest at least 3 boxes of Dark Elf Warriors. The models look great and are equally effective on the battlefield. If you have limited funds you could go for a 1000 point army.
    An assassin is cheap and effective. The hydra is also really a great addition. (if you dont like the model, several other ranges of 25mm models have a hydra!) Dark Riders are terrific, but very expensive. You could consider conversions from Wood Elf glade riders. A sorceress is also a good addition. Cold one Knights are also pretty good, if they dont go stupid at the wrong moment.

I wouldnt bother for corsairs or executioners - corsairs are to expensive (pointwise) and executioners to fragile for 1000 point battles. The same goes for The black Guard. At 2000 points I would recommend them 100%, but at 1000, they will just get shot down.
    odd, more and more I'm thinking about dropping my warriors altogether. They're just not worth the points. There are too many 49 attack units out there that cause warriors to be near useless. If you don't want dark riders, I'd spring for some repeater crossbow elves as your core and then you'll have plenty else to spend on. Harpies are great, shades and characters are great. Everything else is kind of a shade of grey. Corsairs and executioners unfortunately pale in comparison to the other selections in terms of points per usefulness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I would agree as well. After a few games with DE I'm not impressive with either units.

Executioners - low-ish Ld, very low armor and cannot include a worthwhile character. They're a decent hammer unit if combined with another which takes the hit, but takes some very carefully planned positioning to use well. Also has failed me many many times by not passing their fear/terror tests. Get BG first

Corsairs - decent as a small flanking unit, but otherwise warriors provide safety for characters at a much cheaper cost. Banners make them a bit better, but too expensive compared to your other options at this cost. Take 10-12 at the most to flank.

+ Reply to Thread