Treason of Tzeentch vs assasins - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Treason of Tzeentch vs assasins

Allright, I'm just wondering here about a hypothetical situation. That being of a unit with an assasin in it targeted by Treason of Tzeentch!!! I'd put this in the rule forums but I have a feeling that this could be understood with a basic knowledge of the rules on assasins. I don't have the DE codex.
    I'll read to you the wording in the WoC codex about the spell.
    Treason of Tzeentch!
    "Target one unengaged enemy unit that is not immune to psychology. If that unit is within 24, all of the models in the unit immediately make one attack against the unit immediately make 1 attack against the unit itself. Roll to hit, to wound and take saves as normal, counted as an ongoing combat. The caster may choose which of the unit's weapons is used for these attacks, though the hand weapon and shield saving throw bonus does not apply. Note that characters and mounts cannot be affected by this spell. After this treasonous attack has been resolved, the unit may have to make a panic test to due to casualties inflicted - if it flees it will be towards the nearest table edge."

If the assasin in the unit is not revealed can I or (mercifully) the opponent force it out during this spell? If the assasin in the unit is revealed, does it attack the unit or not? It isn't an obvious answer as he is ItP, but the unit isn't so the spell can still be targeted at the unit. Last I heard from EotG rolls the assasin isn't a character. In a unit of 10 executioners with a penalty to leadership and a revealed/unrevealed assasin this question might be quite pivotal for a game

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

My take on the situatin is this:

1. For the question whether he is revealed or not, im afraid I do not think there is a clear cut answer to this. I am sure if it is a friendly game there would be no reason to reveal the assassin because of that.

2. If it does turn out that he is revealed I would assume that he would attack the unit, as he is not a character model.

3. For the last question/statement I think I may be confused. The assassin can not confer his leadership to the unit. But if you mean in terms of the casualties inflicted the description is not clear on that either. Is the spell's effects that of a shooting attack to where 25% can cause panic or not so?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the DE codex it says specifically that the Assassins are Characters in every way except that they do not fill a character spot on your army roster. In addition, it also says that they only way the Assassins can be harmed before they are revealed is if the unit it is in is destroyed. So it looks like they would be immune to the spell and would not be revealed by its use. Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

I'd agree with camdog. You can't target a model that isn't in play, which includes a hidden assassin.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

In a crypt near you... eating your cake! Wait, that wasn't cake...? Oh.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarelbandito View Post
    ... It isn't an obvious answer as he is ItP...
    Last I checked, the assassin is not in fact ItP, though he does have a nice Ld. Anyone given thought to having a female assassin? Or is it incorrect fluff-wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblademafia View Post
    ...Is the spell's effects that of a shooting attack to where 25% can cause panic or not so?
    I believe they would count as casualties taken from magic, or during the magic phase, so that would be the reason for the panic test.
    Last edited by excelsaga; September 24th, 2009 at 22:25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by camdog9 View Post
    In the DE codex it says specifically that the Assassins are Characters in every way except that they do not fill a character spot on your army roster. In addition, it also says that they only way the Assassins can be harmed before they are revealed is if the unit it is in is destroyed. So it looks like they would be immune to the spell and would not be revealed by its use. Hope this helps.
    Wait, wait, wait, I get EotG rolls when I ice an assasin in a challenge? My whole day has been brightened considerably.
    On a side note, if my character happens to be immune to poison, is he immune to manbane as well? I heard it's a poison effect somewhere on the WoC part of the forums. To the FAQ!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarelbandito View Post
    Wait, wait, wait, I get EotG rolls when I ice an assasin in a challenge? My whole day has been brightened considerably.
    On a side note, if my character happens to be immune to poison, is he immune to manbane as well? I heard it's a poison effect somewhere on the WoC part of the forums. To the FAQ!!!
    What is EotG? It sounds nasty.

"Toxins
    All of a model's non-magic weapons may be coated with one type of toxin (replacing its Poisoned Attacks). These toxins have no additional effect against models that are immune to Poisoned Attacks."
    (7th ed. Dark Elves army list pg. 99)

So, yes, being immune to poison means also being immune to toxins such as Manbane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I ice a character in a challenge; I get a free roll on the Eye of the Gods table. It's a 2d6 roll with the following results for a roll. Rerolls and altercations allowed through special items and characters (valkia the bloody). Can't get the same result twice allows EotG rolls to be ignore the basic rule that you cant reroll something more than once. (it can happen many, many times with EotG

Rork edit: Rules removed.
    Last edited by Rork; September 26th, 2009 at 12:40. Reason: Rules posted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not bad! I hope for the assassin's sake that he's packing.
    This only works when defeating characters and not champions, right?

+ Reply to Thread