Considering Dark Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering Dark Elves

Hello all,

I am looking for a new army - and I want to build something "Darkly Beautiful" and am considering Slaanash Chaos, Dark Elves and VC (not the prettiest bunch of rotting corpses but oh well).

I currently play High Elves and am leaning towards the Dark Elf Models, - but they are still T3, S3 and was trying to decide if there they would be too similar in play style to the High Elves.

Currently I run a Caledor Dragon list and a Caledor Infantry list - I go light magic - Caddy and Gem Prince/Noble.

I was thinking of 2 Lvl 2 Sorceress' - would get me the Magic I need and still be quite deadly - add in 2 Masters, 1 a BSB -then go with 2X5 DR, 2X5 CoK, 2X20 Warrs, 14 BG with the Requisite ASF Banner and a Hydra. Light on Shooting compared to my HE, but I hope the DR, Hydra and Magic will pull it off.

Any ideas, thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Royalwulff; September 24th, 2009 at 23:49.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

They can be similar to High Elves if you play them the same way. What do you focus on with High Elves? Maybe use Dark Elves to explore a different speciality

Dark Elves focus tends to be more on destructive magic and strategic hits to cripple an army rather than take them head on, though don't get me wrong, a fair few units can handle that with ease!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply

I updaed my post on what I currently run and what I was thinking of doing with DE.

Thanks again - rep to you.

+ Reply to Thread