An alternative Black Dragon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

An alternative Black Dragon

So over on Druchii.net there was a link to a dragon done by McFarlane toys being used as a Black Dragon. Now I'm not the biggest fan of that particular dragon but quite like this one SPAWN.COM >> TOYS >> HORROR/FANTASY/SCI-FI >> DRAGONS 5 >> ETERNAL 5 So just wanted to get peoples opinions on using a non GW dragon and what they think of the model. Prior to the new high Elf Dragon I would have definitely gone with this one, but the High Elf Dragon is decent and has easy and very nice conversion potential, so now I'm not sure.

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Variation is great, simply!

I love it!
    If it moves, shoot it! If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway ... It might move later!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

I'd use teh HE Dragon, but remember that there are MULTIPLE Dragon models by GW as well - Imrik on Minaithir (6th Edition imrik), Imrik on Dragon (4th/5th edition Imrik) - I have both, the old Wood Elf Forest Dragon, the Thaindal/Kagos High Elf Dragon by Marauder from oh so many years ago (less sinuous, but a heftier beastie, not too dissimilar to the LOtR dragon), Malekith's dragon, Rakarth's dragon etc etc

You have what I would classify as 4 A-class Dragon models: Minaithir, Malekith's dragon, Rakarth's dragon, Wood Elf dragon.
    The super A-class is the High Elf plastic Dragon.

Then you have a variety of lesser models like the original High Elf dragon that came in the Imrik boxed set, Kargos the Despoiler and worse models still...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

I would use the HE Dragon, but I also like to paint and convert my own models and participate in the occasional GW event. If those things aren't concerns for you, go for the Spawn one if you like it more!

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

If I was to go with GW it would be the New High Elf Plastic one, the previous models have in my opinion been quite terrible. So between the two the way I see it as: we have the Spawn, which is cheaper and different. With GW we have the ability to use in at GW events. Gotta keep thinking about, might end up with both...

Any thoughts on repainting the spawn one, doable?

thanks for the replys.

+ Reply to Thread