Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Well hello, I'm Jeff. I have a sizable dark eldar army and I am thinking of starting with Dark elves. I have but a few questions.
1. What is the selections for Dark elves, I colloct dark eldar so I know how anoying low selection is. <:>
2. How high is the "cool factor" on the DE models (like how cool are they), Rate them from 1 to 10, 1 being really ugly and 1 being sweet ass!
3. Is the Fantasy game itself as smoooth as 40k?
thanks in advance, your freind Archon "Jeff the Really mean"!
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
<a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?jefftheworld' target='_blank'>DONT CLICK HERE...OR ELSE...</a>
<a href='http://members.rogers.com/jalyanak' target='_blank'>The Legendary Dark Eldar Army</a>
i know the dark elves inside and out and it takes a while to get good with them... they are by far the most respectable race when you get good with them, because you really really need to strategize. if you lose the first couple of battles and think the suck go to hell. i lost like the first 30 battles all using different strategies then i realized how to be good with them:
1. you MUST make every model do its duty; no sacrificing unless nessessary.
2. Dark Elves are very expensive so make your list wisely.
3. Dark Elf magic is probably 3rd best in game, knights probably 2nd best, warriors exceptionally good if you use revision; 7 pnts a model for warriors, Cold one knights have leadership 9, executioners have heavy armor, cauldron of blood now has 24" red fury instead of 18" which is handy, and the black guard now have eternal hatred instead of normal hatred, which allows them to re-roll all misses in each round of combat, not just the first.
so in conclusion, dont play the dark elves if you dont want to strategize; be a horde like skaven or goblins and orcs or sumthin.
We shall strike down the foes of our enemies, putting terror down their spine and into their eyes, then and only then will they know the true meaning of the word fear. Tz'arkan shall bring out the darkness within me, as I search for my soul.
DE are for those who enjoy thinking because they are somewhat of a hard army to master.
The selection is just what is needed, no more, no less. A good general will discover just the right combanation of troops as Malus has, and will soon be unstopable.
Enough of that, DE rocks. I would have to give a 11 for most of the models, they're just so cool looking. I'm almost afraid to get some of them for my army for fear of just staring at them most of the battle.
Fantasy might not be as "smooth" as 40k, but it does require tactics and stategy instead of just shooting the crap outta everything. IMO it is more fun and challenging.
Now you will be staring a DE army or you may be getting a visit from a black clad friend...
And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!
From Lewis Carroll's Jabberwocky
1. They pretty much just have one unit for every use, but all uses.
2. They have the best models in FB, so thats good.
3. Play a tutorialgame before throwing yourself into the game. Bit more advanced then 40k.
I chose Dark Elves cuz I like evil elves, but from a tacticians perspective I can't really see that much difference between Dark and High Elves.
Sorry no offense to Dark Elves I will NEVER play with those High ones, it's just that rulewise and gamewise, I cannot see any difference.
However, if you want my opinion, go with us Evil Elves.
"And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."
~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~