Black Staff, and cauldron of blood - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Staff, and cauldron of blood

Hey guys, i'm kind of fuzzy on some of the DE rules...

1) Black Staff.
    To my understanding, it allows a Lv. 3 sorc. to carry an extra spell?

2) Cauldron of blood
    It costs 110 pts?

ps. Thanks for ur help in advance, this forum rox!
    aaaannnddd, check out my other post & gimmy ur insight
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ny-brutal.html (1000 pts DE list for tourny, Be brutal >:))

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. No, it gives you the ability to cast the Power of Darkness spell that every DE magic user knows but without using any power dice to cast it. Just declare you are using a bound item and, if it's not dispelled, use the spell as normal without rolling to see if you successfully cast it. It's power level is 4 which means your opponent can attempt to dispell it with his dice, but he has to roll a 4 or better. It's a pretty useful item because you either draw out 1 or 2 dispell dice or get D3+1 more power dice without using any power dice you already have.

2. That is how much it costs to give it to your Death Hag, but don't forget about the original points you spend on the Death Hag in order to have access to it, much less any Gifts of Khaine you take with her. So when I do take it, I usually spend about 250 (give her Manbane and Rune of Khaine) on the unit as a whole. But that means you get 6-8 poisoned attacks at +1 your opponents T from the Death Hag then another 8 attacks from the other Hags. It's not for everyone, but can come in handy buffing the right unit at the right time while hunting war machines/mages/lighter units. Just watch that frenzy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that it would run well with a group of beefed up cold one knights, charging w/ hydra banner. 3 s6 attacks per knight, 3 s4 attacks per cold one. Evil.
    Typically when playing as dark elves, we hunt the lighter or support units first, dont we?

+ Reply to Thread