Topic of the Week - Witch Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Leeds, Yorkshire
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Topic of the Week - Witch Elves

This is the start of a new series, that will hopefully bring new ideas and tactics to the forums. Each week, a new topic will be posted up about a different unit in the army book. This gives you your chance to discuss the unit to its fullest. So, please leave your comment!

This week's topic is - Witch Elves

What gift do you think is the best for the Hag? Is it worth giving them command and a magic banner? How do you deal with their frenzy? Unit size and tactical uses for them?

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

42 (x1)

If I even pay for the hag I give her manbane. The unit has enough volume, but struggles against T4 and armor. Higher strength is a big boon.

I almost always give the unit the banner of murder. With each model having 3 attacks with poison, it really is worth the points investment to give -1 to armor.

I usually let them go right at the enemy, if you keep them hemmed in they can only charge forward, so even though they can be baited, you can control where they go to. Or I use them as a counter charge unit behind a unit of dark riders or RxB warriors. Nobody is going to be silly enough to charge a unit only to be counter charged by witches.

Typically I field them in a unit of 12-14, with banner of murder, and w/ or w/o hag with manbane.

Since they aren't a unit you can rely on totally, keeping the units cost down is very important. I try to keep the unit cost to between 120-200, so it doesn't hurt much if I lose them, and they still cost less than their preferred targets.

+ Reply to Thread