Using Corsairs as shades? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Using Corsairs as shades?

I really like the corsair models but their usefulness is questionable, while Shades which seem to be highly regard have fairly ugly miniatures in my opinion. So I was thinking about just using Corsairs armed with Handbows as Shades with Crossbows and light armour and using some of the larger swords to count as great weapons.

I wasn't planning on doing any extensive conversions but I would paint the Sea Dragon Cloaks a mottled camouflage. The idea being that the shades in their exploration have encountered a creature with chameleonic abilities and now where it cloaks made from its hide to increase their sneakiness. The other idea would maybe be to try and make it look like a dead chameleon skink and they are veterans of the war in Lustria.

This idea has the added benefit of meaning I could rank them up and they could go back to being Corsairs if I felt the need.

Do people think this is an acceptable idea or do I just need to buck up and buy some Shades? If you like the idea, and suggestions on putting it into practice?

Cheers
    Sean

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont see why anyone would have a problem if you used corsairs as shades, and the paint scheme sounds like a good idea. A lot of the time people use corsairs for Dark Rider conversions, so you may want to consider saving them for that. If you dont like the shade modles, you could always take a look at the direct order Manflayers from the GW site. They are listed as "collectors" in the DE section. I like the manflayer models better and they are actually about 10$ cheaper than 2 boxes of regular shades. The box does have a musician and banner....but that's really not a big deal...
    Last edited by kpooh; April 21st, 2010 at 21:21.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

just give them bare heads and gs hoods over them. bam you have shades.
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

+ Reply to Thread