Need help with a Lord on manticore! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help with a Lord on manticore!

Well me and my friend have started plying bigger and bigger points of fantasy. I collect Dark elves and he collects chaos.

I just bought a lord on manticore and was wondering what is the most killy combo avilable. All comments appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

b"h
    My favorite combination is: crimson death, armour of darkness, pendant of khaeleth. Your lord is almost invulnerable (as usual) and he always fight with strength 6. I almost always use my manticore this way.
    A few variations for this combination is replacing crimson death for deathpiercer (for the killing blow), and if you do that you might also want to take a shield and replace the armour of darkness with Armour of eternal servitude (if you face a lot of attacks that ignore armour such as empire great cannons).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was going to say, those two builds seem good.

If your going up against an army that has something fierce leading it (demons, woc, vampire counts) you need to be weary of engaging it in battle. A Dreadlord/Manticore is good, but vs a Bloodthirster?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I just go with a master, a lord on manticore is just asking for the manticore to be targeted. Manticores don't survive much attention.

As for any character on manticore, I take death piercer. KB is the best way to take on challengers (characters on mounts often get challenged) maximizing your chances of KB after charging makes it so you usually get more overkill against weak guys and champs, and gives you a chance to kill nasty combat characters before they can hurt back. Needless to say, don't charge units immune like monsters unless you know you can take it down with just your S5 and 6 attacks.

+ Reply to Thread