new player would like some help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new player would like some help!

hello. im totally new to warhammer fantasy and i want to start a DE army. i have played 40k for a long time, i went and bought both the rulebook and army book but i wanted to go in here and ask for some advice on what i should acually go for or not. i mean i have no idea, if it like any good to use alot of cool heroes or something. would be to know some more on the subject before i go crazy and buy every model in the shop hehe. my 40k armies are very hardcore not nice ones but still have a theme to them. like my BA is only jump-pack / fast attack and tyranids is very big creatures. is there anyway to make a cool DE theme but still have a hardcore army?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Themes...if you're going with fluff there's the whole Khainite theme. Lots of execs and witch elves, led by a hag or something. It wouldn't be very competitive though, execs and witches have a nasty habit of getting chopped or shot to little bits (it's a side effect of having minimal armour).

When I was building up my army I just decided to go with whatever units I thought looked cool, mainly Cold One Knights, Black Guard, execs, chariots...DE have a lot of cool looking units ha.

Whatever you decide to do though a couple boxes of warriors are essential. Spear armed dark elves are cheap, expendable, and are a good way to fill out a battle line. Dark elves with Rxb's are awesome, shooting twice a turn and with missile troops being able to shoot in two ranks, even 10 Rxb armed elves can pump out a lot of shots each turn.

I dunno, buy what you think looks cool, that way you'll have more motivation to paint it too!

+ Reply to Thread