Ring of Darkness Query? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ring of Darkness Query?

I'm planning on having a Dreadlord mounted on a dragon, and the Ring of Darkness seems a pretty good choice for him. However, I cant work something out.

The ring halves WS and BS targeted at him. Does this apply to his dragon as well or just him as an individual?

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Sergeant Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only attacks allocated on the DL himself are at half WS.

Any ballistic attacks against the the bearer and his unit (so both the DL and the dragon) are at half BS.

4. ThanksDervish Hollow thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's cool, it was mainly just the halving BS against cannons and the like. Thanks for your reply!
    "We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Sergeant Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One note, cannon's don't use BS. Thought it might save him from a bolt thrower.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Yeah.....I had the Ring of Darkness on a BSB leading a large unit of Spearmen. Worked fantastically, they knocked around a unit of Black Guard, till the next game where they got picked on by 4 Brettonian Trebuchets...

Was an interesting approach from my opponent. Four Trebuchets on one flank pounding the snot out of my army, while his 6 units of knights of various description sat on a hill and watched, then poured downhill to mop up the remanants of my army. Grail Knights with flaming attacks = poor Hydra.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yikes, that sounded like a pounding. And plus Kura, yeah i remembered that cannons don't use BS... They're more like sniper rifles than cannons...

Well, it seems like a worthwhile item so i might yoink that. thanks guys!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Yeah it was a pounding....my unit of 14 Cold One Knights plus Dreadlord didn't appreciate it much either...although I passed a lot of 6+ Wards from the Ironcurse Icon on my Dreadlord. Still, I did kill his General with my own General, Chillblade for the win. And then got run down by the angry remnants of the unit my remaining 4 Cold One Knights had charged......

Still, was a good game, and the first one I've lost for a while, not counting my excursions with the Cult of Khaine army....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

my condolences for getting rock slapped.

Howevere thats how a real general would his knights as mop up rather than fling forawrad and wast all those FREE rocks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

I know. My opponent said he felt bad as he wasn't playing like a real Brettonian player, to which I replied that he was. His Grail Knights still got a glorious charge into a Hydra. He played a good strategy. And free stuff is always the best stuff.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how did he have 4 trebuchets, they are not a two for one choice, and max of one rare you can have is 2 and 3000 or more its 3 so.... is there something im missing?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast