What character at low points? (750pts) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

30 (x2)

What character at low points? (750pts)

So, we're starting an escalation league at the club and I've decided this was a good excuse to get my dark elves painted. As we've decided to keep it low-powered I'm going for a cult of excess theme, which means no khainite unites (at least not in their pure form) or characters. Now, I'm debating what kind of character to bring. A sorceress or a noble? I'd love a sorceress but I'm not really sure she's worth it compared to a hero with an armour of darkness and crimson death

2. Remove Advertisements

2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

15 (x1)

The master with AoD and Crimson Death is pretty awesome for the points, but man, whenever I make a list that doesn't have good magic I usually end up regretting it. I'm finding that with changes to magic in 8th ed, the DE sorc is now a little overpriced (225 for supreme sorc is a little much compared to say a vampire lord at 205), but she's a necessary evil. I'd go with a wizard myself just to have the magical defense cause if you start getting railroaded in a magic phase...it can really, really hurt.

You can always put the crimson death in a small unit of Black Guard...it's not the best compromise....but if I had to choose I'd always go magic over CC for De heroes. That toughness factor of 3 really hurts...and with only 3 attacks, which will maybe land 2 wounds...he probably wont turn many combats to your advantage.

+ Reply to Thread