Good Magic Combos for Dark Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

Good Magic Combos for Dark Elves

So i decided it would be good for us Dark Elf players to share some magic combos we have to start the ball rolling:

Withering then Soul Stealer,

Enfeebling foe then Dark Horror,

these my two best combos as i use shadow and dark magic 99.9% of the time. Any other good combos we can use just post away.

"Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Death Magic:

Soulblight followed by either Carress/Fate.
    Doom and Darkness followed by Spirit Leech.

Perfect for sniping out characters, such as BSBs.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

Doom and Darkness followed by Spirit Leech.

this wouldnt work as its their unmodified LD
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Oh yeah, my bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i figured that out when i tried that combo on a dragon mage, leech still killed him though haha.
    Beer, Pipes, and Guns... Dwarves had the right idea.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

I had a good one with the Lore of Fire in a seige game (although not recommended for serious play) - 8000pts of Dark Elves/Orcs and Goblins vs 5000pts of High Elves/Wood Elves. It was the seige that featured in the December 2006 White Dwarf (Except it was 8K DE vs 4K Bret/WE). The High Elf player had a Prince on dragon with Vambraces of Defence and a funny set of armour that gives a 2+ save (which my "Starred up" Assassin had laid claim to prior to deployment). Having dabbled with our misguided cousins I figured out that was the Armour of Caledor. Now, after 3 turns the Prince and his trusty steed had shown a 40 strong regiment of Orc boys why they shouldn't go running seige towers into walls and was showing the same lesson to another regiment of 40. Now, being a Dark Elf player and all, I thought I'd help my fellow Orcs out with the Dragon and cast Flaming Sword of Rhun on the Boys, "conveniantely forgetting" that the Armour of Caledor is Dragon Armour (2+ ward vs Flaming Attacks). Ironically, if I hadn't given the dragon a 2+ ward save it would have died against the Boys. As it was, it pummelled them into the ground, then flew back across the wall, safely hiding from enemy fire and counter-charges. Or so it thought.
    The Assassin and a group of Shades had sneaked into the central tower, 10" away from where the dragon sat. A few Rending Stars later and then Prince hit the dirt. Then the Prince went and crushed them in vengeance.

So...a good way of ensuring your Assassin bags that Dragon, and a good way of ensuring you effectively destroy your allies attack on the walls and cause him to "misplace" his Doomdiver templates so they scatter (*cough* redirect *cough*) onto your Cold One Knights. Probably not a good tactic for a serious game though.......

On a serious note, the Lore of Fire is a great Lore for giving you an aggresive and unsubtle magic phase. Flaming Sword of Rhun is great for augmenting your units (or saving your enemy from your allies so you can kill him yourself).

Flaming Sword of Rhun cast on a unit of 20 Black Guard with Banner of Murder and Crimson Death = very, very dead Treeman.

In the same game I got annoyed with a single Wild Rider of Kornous running around so I cast a 3D6 Fireball at him....I had the dice and no other targets at that point in the game.
    Good way of killing of lightly armoured units.

I love doing pointless things like that as a blatant show of magical superiority.

+ Reply to Thread