The Shadow Host of the Obsidian Rose 2000pts Tournament army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Shadow Host of the Obsidian Rose 2000pts Tournament army List

Hi its Tom, heres my Tournament list, its basicly my current army and a few extras. This is my first tournament, so I wanna make the most of it.

Here it is:

The Shadow Host of the Obsidian rose Army List

Lords:

Sorceress Selena (Supreme Sorceress)
    General, Lore of Dark Magic, Level 4 Upgrade, Tome of Furion, Talisman of Protection.
    Cost: 290 pts

Heroes:

Sorceress Sarpe (Sorceress)
    Lore of Shadow, Level 2 Upgrade, Darkstar Cloak, Seed of Rebirth.
    Cost: 170 pts

Master Nisek BladeRunner (Master)
    Berserker Sword, Heavy Armour, Shield,
    Cost: 111 pts

Master Shayne Boneflayer (Master)
    Battle Standard Bearer, Armour of Darkness.
    Cost: 130 pts

Heroes Total: 411 pts

Core Units:

The Bolts of Blinding Death (10 Repeater Crossbowmen)
    Shields, Guardsmaster.
    Cost: 115 pts

The Rain of the Viper Mountains (10 Repeater Crossbowmen)
    Shields, Guardsmaster.
    Cost: 115 pts

The Blood Spears (40 Dark Elf Warriors)
    Shields, Musician, Standard Bearer with The Banner of Murder, Lordling.
    Cost: 280 pts

Core Units Total: 510 pts

Special units:

The Eternal Dread Knights (5 cold one knights)
    Musician, Standard Bearer With Razor Standard, Dread Knight with Sword of Might, shield and lance,
    Cost: 235 pts

The Sisters of Blood (10 Witch Elves of Khaine)
    Musician, Standard Bearer with Banner of Swiftness, Hag With Rune of Khaine.
    Cost: 165 pts

Special Units cost: 400 pts

Rare Units:

The Hydra’s Fangs (Reaper Bolt Thrower)
    Cost: 100 pts

Talons of the Viper (Reaper Bolt thrower)
    Cost: 100 pts

Hellclaw (War hydra)
    Cost 175 pts

Rare Units Total: 375 pts

Total Cost: 1986 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Hey mate, great list, just a few pointers.

1) Wrong section, should be posted in the Dark Elf armies section. No worries, I made that mistake too, just ask a mod nicely and they'll happily shift it for you.
    2) Banners. I'd go for the Warbanner on the Spearmen as opposed to the Banner of Murder and go with the Ranger Standard instead of the Razor Standard on the Knights. The Knights being S6 don't really need AP that much, and the Strider rule means they can happily go running hell bent for leather through terrain with no worries, perfect for outflanking your opponent. The extra point of CR from the Warbanner benefits Spearmen more than AP does I've found.
    3) Maybe give the BSB the Ring of Darkness, the Cloak of Hag Graef, the Shield of Ghrond or something that gives him a ward save/makes him harder to hit. I've found that a wily opponent will always remember you can attack characters in base-to-base (I know I do), or snipe him out the unit. If he gets hit by something S6 or higher/something that ignores his Armour Save then he is toast.
    4) Don't bother with the Sword of Might on the Dreadknight. He strikes at S6 on the charge anyway and if you're not charging with Cold One Knights you're either using them wrong or have been very unlucky. Those points would be better spent on either Deathpiercer (Lance with Killing Blow), the Ironcurse Icon (6+ ward vs warmachines) or the Ring of Hotek (although you'd have to keep them well away from your Sorceress').

But hey, it's your list, it's your choice. It looks pretty damned good. I like it.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; February 10th, 2011 at 03:27.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Points, now Ill write down some of them:

1; Ill get right on it!

2: I agree with the Cold one knights having the Ranger Standard, however Spearmen can only have up to 25 pts spent on a banner, the War banner is 35 pts, So Thats out the window. What's another good option?

3: At first I had Armour of Darkness with a Dawnstone, (re-roll Failed Armour Saves of 1+) I always assumed 1+ saves were just 2+ that couldn't be modified. Guess I was Wrong, I'm going to Look for another Armour/Shield/Talisman.

4: your right, so I Changed it for a DeathPiercer, S6 on the charge with Killing Blow is sweet as.

And Thank you for saying you like my list.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Read the rulebook, if an item appears in both the Rulebook AND the Army Book, you use the points cost from the Army Book and the rules from the Rulebook. So the Warbanner uses the points cost from the DE Army Book, which is 25pts.
    Other good options would be the Banner of Cold Blood, the Standard of Discipline and possibly the Banner of Eternal Flame. Don't forget that even if your opponent has no flammable units of units with a Regen save, a unit with flaming attacks still causes fear in Cavalry, Chariots and War Beasts, so it is still a well spent 15 points.

The Dawnstone and the Armour of Darkness gives you a 1+ re-rollable armour save that cannot be improved. A 1+ save is effectively the same as a 2+ save (roll of a one still fails), it just means S5 is not as scary. On a regular Master/Dreadlord its a great combo, but on a BSB you really need something that gives him a ward save/harder to hit/wound, as a good player will remember to attack him in base-to-base.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Hi Tom

The Pendant of Khaeleth in the army book is a steal of a deal it is almost always basically a 4+ ward save, although normally better. It would go very nicely on your BSB who you could also equip with Heavy armour, Sea Dragon Cloak and the Enchanted shield for a nice 2+ save as well. If your general only has the Talisman of protection for a 6+ ward I would consider it a good investment to get the Talisman of Preservation instead for a 4+. She is a big investment and a 1/6 chance to save her from the heat that will come her way is not much.

Overall though I like your list, it is not the standard dual Hydra Blackguard list that everyone on the interwebz thinks will win everything all the time. Good luck with the tourney be sure to bring food and water because playing 3 games in a day is exhausting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Hahahaa, I used to run an uber-power unit at 2k under 7th ed.

Malekith on foot.
    20 Black Guard with Full Command, Kouran, Standard of Hag Graef.
    Battle Standard Bearer with Hydra Banner.

That clocked in at about 1100pts. And it steamrollered EVERYTHING it came across. Sadly its only legal at 2.5k now.

Pendant of Khaeleth is a good item for a Supreme Sorceress. All miscast hits are S6 or S10 so its only failing on 6s.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

+ Reply to Thread