pendant of khaleth or 4+ ward save - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: which do you prefer?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • pendant of khaleth

9 90.00%
  • talisman of preservation (4+ ward)

1 10.00%
  • none

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pendant of khaleth or 4+ ward save

do you prefer pendant of khaleth, 4+ ward or none of them?

an army that seeks to fight without the protection of the eagle claws is clearly courageous or inept. either way, í wish no part in it - Eolaran Greyhawk, Seamaster.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Pendant over the Talisman of Preservation. 10 points cheaper and can give a better save more often that not.
    Although the Pendant does have the risk of being ignored by attacks without a strength value, there is an easy way to remedy that;

Pendant of Khaleth, Armour of Eternal Servitude (or Armour of Destiny, but thats 15pts more).
    Gives a 5+ Armour (not including being mounted, shields, Sea Dragon Cloak etc) and a 4+ Regen or the Pendant ward. Means he is less likely to be killed off by spells (Fate of Bjuna etc) or Characteristic checks. And leaving 30 on a Magic Weapon.

So yeah Pendant for the win.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; March 5th, 2011 at 00:23.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hrm.. I may be mistaken and if I am by all means do please correct me, but are you able to take 2 Talismans? I thought you were limited to 1 choice per section. Weapon/Armor/Talisman/etc?
    Since both the Pendant and Dragonbane Gem are both Talismans...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Yep, my bad, you are correct.
    I was thinking of one of my other builds which usually doesn't take the Pendant (Chillblade, Armour of Eternal Servitude, Dragonbane Gem).
    I'm too used to writing "Dragonbane Gem" after writing "Armour of Eternal Servitude" as it's what I usually take on a Dreadlord and give a Supreme the Pendant. Or a Chariot-mounted Dreadlord.

Still Pendant for the win though, as it's effectively a 2+ ward vs S4 or higher.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; March 5th, 2011 at 00:24.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, a build I'm waiting to try out against my friends Daemon army is A Dreadlord on Cold One, Pendant, Dragonhelm, Crown of Command, heavy Armor/Sea Dragon and GW. Effectively giving him a 1+ in CC, 0+ against shooting, 2++ against flaming attacks and the Pendant lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

One of my builds is Dreadlord on Chariot with Sword of Bloodshed, Pendant of Khaleth, Potion of Foolhardiness. Thanks to T5 he's more or less untroubled by S4 and under, whereas against anything higher he has the Pendant save. He then has D6+1 S5 impact hits, 1 WS5 S5 attack, 2 WS3 S4 attacks and then 7 (8 if I use the potion on the turn I charge) S4 attacks. I use him as a support unit in the centre of my army, usually sitting on the flanks of one of my 35 man Spearmen units (5x7). I use him to pick on lightly armoured units.

Vargarna i Vinterkylan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prefer the pendant myself however I will tend to put it on an armoured character rather than not. They synergy of having a +1 AS and a reverse ward save against attacks that reduce your armour is just too great to pass! Consequently I put the ToPres on my SS if I have such a character on the field.

Perfect master/dreadlord is Pendant + Dragon Helm.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

Pendent hands down, the only way this save is better is against S1 or 2. anything else is equivalent of 4+ or better, well apparent form no S attacks but there just evil!
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

+ Reply to Thread