How to use a Supreme Sorc with the Sac Dagger in Spearmen? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to use a Supreme Sorc with the Sac Dagger in Spearmen?

Hi all,

I'm just wondering about the subject because I find my spears getting into combat very quickly.

My spears tend to hold the centre of my battle line. They march 10" on their first turn and get stabbed as the sorc goes through her list. Come turn 2 however they get charged so are my choices to either leave her there and hope we win combat, evacuate her to another unit or bury her in the spears?

I don't know.

Seems like close combat units limit her but I wouldn't fancy stabbing 11 point RXBs.

What are the correct strategies? Am I expecting too much that she should be able to get her spells off every round?

Cheers in advance.

-MustangTC

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi. well without ANY playing experiance from DE, I´m kind of having the same thought, I´ll be running a Sorceress/Supreme Sorceress in a unit of about 30-45 spearmen.
    In my army, 1000-1500pts or so, it will probably be a regular Sorceress.
    Generally, I will hope that enemy magic wont hurt me that bad (but it will. forget about that) and so I hope to be able to protect my S well.

yet, I´m not sure on what lore to choose. either metal for picking out enemy chars. (Sorceress with focused familiar) or shadow for It´s pure awesomness.
    with only one wizard, I dont think life will be an option. could be usefull with an warhydra and/or big enemy blocks though...

any thought on these points?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well firstly Dark Elves cant take Life magic i'm afraid so you don't have to worry about that!

All you can do about magic protection is bring as high a level mage as possible for dispell rolls, the seal of ghrond (+1 dispel dice), dispel scroll or more interstingly feedback scrolls. I love a hero sorc carrying just one of them for a surprise mage snipe! And dont forget magic resist talismen stack with ward saves.

Dont worry about metal unless you're facing heavy armour opponents. Not because its bad but because shadow/dark/death are so good for us! I tend towards shadow unless im against a horde army or major shooting army where I take dark. Of note, often dark spells will kill as many heavy armoured knights as metal spells do.

How do you intend to use your sorc if you put it in your spears as you clearly inted for them to get into combat? This is my problem right now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

If you are using the dagger the spear men are no longer a fighting force. The unit the supreme dagger is in is now excess wounds and cheap power dice. Keep a small unit back, i.e. a uni of about 20 these will give a small amount of protection and power dice. I also advice giving them the re roll banner (as your BSB will be moving with bulk of army and its a chance you could need the reroll).

My advice on which lore, always shadow first its probably the best lore in the game (yes even over life).
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The unit the supreme dagger is in is now excess wounds and cheap power dice.
    This makes a lot of sense actually. I don't know why I had only considered that the spears be run 30+ for stubborn.

Would you put the Pearl of Infinite Bleakness in the unit to avoid 25% sacrifice Panic checks?

Also do you have any trouble targetting the 2 direct damage spells from Shadow? Pneumbral something and Pit of Shades?

Cheers

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

Yer its an option but there is a banner allowing you to reroll your first fail test for a few pts, that's all you will need most of the time, unless something goes wrong. Never have issues with them (pneumbral because i never use it because it sucks!) but if i do think i will be hiding more than normal take the focus familiar its great.
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

+ Reply to Thread