Dreadlords in Chariots - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Dreadlords in Chariots

Hey, just a quick couple questions regarding dreadlords in chariots. If a character is in a chariot does he use the armour save and toughness value of the chariot?

Does anyone have any sample builds for dreadlords (or masters) in chariots?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

A charriot is treated like a ridden monster for the purposes for striking the character or charriot, however the character still benefits from the charriot's armour save (you still strike against his toughness).

Here's the build I'd use

Dreadlord,
    Charriot, Caledor's Bane, Potion of Strength and either Ring of Hotek or Pendant.

I don't really like using Charriots (well, Dark Elf Charriots, my Tomb Kings are a very different story) since IMO you should be using Ranger Standard CoK if you want to whack the enemy hard and for its points you can include a merry band of Shades and a Bloodshade.
    "Take their gold, burn their homes, kill their familes and enslave their souls. Show them no mercy...oh and could you post these letters while you're out?"
    -Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Must be some very cheap Shades...haha

I did think that was the case, as reading the rules it is implied that is so, however recently, even though I have been given consent by my various opponents to use the Dreadlord as such, I have decided against using it as a) it is probably wrong and me misinterpreting the rules and b) it's just too good if you combine it with the Pendant of Khaeleth.

So from now on I will say no to using T, W and AS of the Chariot for Chariot mounted characters, until it is FAQ'd saying it is allowed (which it probably won't). And yes, I am currently eating vast quantities of humble pie as I speak.

As for builds, I prefer to complement the Chariots Strength (loads of Mid-Strentgh attacks) that compensate for its weakness (no High Strength attacks).

Dreadlord - Sword of Bloodshed, Pendant of Khaeleth, Potion of Foolhardiness, Heavy Armour, Shield

Has a 3+ Amour, Reverse Ward, 7 S4 attacks, boosted to 8 on the charge if he drinks the Potion (giving him Devastating Charge), with an additonal S5 attack from a crewman, 2 S4 attacks from the Cold Ones and D6+1 Impact hits from the Chariot itself. So thats 17 (possible 18 if Potion is used) attacks at S4/5, perfect for slaughtering light infantry in droves. Sometimes I'll use Crimson Death instead if I fancy a change and don't have a unit of Black Guard running around.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; May 24th, 2011 at 19:46.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been looking at running a master on a chariot just for fun games as an alternative to 2 hydras. From what I read, Heroes on chariots only get a +1 to their regular amour save. They are treated as separate in CC (meaning you have to allocate, just like with a monster) but shooting is resolved against the toughness of the chariot. It is really confusing. But I'd run one just to try it out, especially since I've now built a model to represent a DE chariot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Shooting at a chariot works the same as shooting at a monster: you randomise to see if the character or the chariot is hit, then roll against the stats of the model you have hit. In the case of template weapons, like cannons etc, then both models are hit.

I was tempted, just for fun, to run a Master BSB on chariot with the Ranger Standard. Chariot with the Strider rule.........
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

+ Reply to Thread