Ninja assassin - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ninja assassin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ninja assassin

Hey guys, after watching the movie ninja assassin last night i was compelled to at the very least write up a 'ninja' heavy list for dark elves, skaven and goblins.

Is an assassin heavy dark elf army viable in 8th? Do the dark elves have good magic when it comes to supporting assassins? Is a dark elf assassin army able to be competitive in 8th? Does anyone use shades? And are shades effective (i was hoping to use them to represent groups of ninja proteges). What other units should i/ would you include to keep this army competitive while still holding true to the ninja theme?

Also any idea how a dark elf assassin army would stack up against a ratssassin army or a goblin one?

I already collect o&g, but if im theroughly convince that either dark elves or skaven can be made fun, competitive, cost effective (money wise), and fluffy then i will definately begin to collect a ninja army!

Thanks in advance everyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

DE assassin's are the best..except for being T3 compared to the Skaven's T4....although DE assassins are far superior.

Dunno about an Assassin list....the closest I've been was a Cult of Khaine list that was basically the following:

Crone Hellebron, Cauldron of Blood, Shadowblade, 50 Witch Elves (in one unit), Executioners, Shades and 5 Assassins.

The problem is Assassin's are roughly 150pt a pop each.They tend to pop up, kill off a few models/enemy champions/characters then die in subsequent rounds as the get targeted by rank and file. Quite expensive for what they do. But they do it well.

Shades are possibly the best Skirmishers in the game (closely followed by Shadow Warriors led by Alith Anar), but the Shade Deathstar isn't a viable option really. 1-3 groups of 5 seem to do well at Warmachine hunting and general harassment fo the enemy. Not frontline warriors though. Great Weapons are best left at home on them.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

+ Reply to Thread