New Models On The Way! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

New Models On The Way!

Hi all,

Storm of magic sees DEs getting a couple of amazing new models including a New DE Black Dragon model. Theres also a new Manticore as well as a new Sorceress. The pics for them and other new bits are here if you dont frequent the Rumours Forum.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1837564 (Storm of Magic release pictures)

Otherwise, Here are the bits we're interested in...

Enjoy,

and thanks to M'ichal and Maximus-Prime for origional posts.

-Saltrock-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

About bloody time......

The Manticore is being released for Chaos atm, although I think it's plastic and there might be a DE on coming at some point, which leads on to this....

There may, or may not be a wave of Dark Elves being released at some point this year, I've heard end of June, although I doubt it. This is just speculation and info pieced together from a variety of other sites (Warseer and DakkaDakka and searching in Google). Probably just more wishlisting.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; June 13th, 2011 at 23:55.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it makes sense that they would release the finecast DEs along with these models, doesn't it? maybe this is the new wave rumor has been suggesting
    nothing like inter species cooperation!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

I think, the new wave is the black dragon and the sorceress.

The only models in the range that i would have redone at the min into finecast or plastic would be Witch Elves. The other models look fine. Would be nice to get a new cauldron model however.

I dont think they will release a manticore for DE if they already release one for chaos.with any luck you could get a chaos player to buy it,and you buy the dragon and swap mounts.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

I don't think this is the new DE wave, just the Storm of Magic releases as the models are being released alongside other Storm of Magic models. There is supposedly a VC wave in August, WE are supposed to be redone in 8th format this time next year, and the is said to be a DE wave in summer, seperate from SoM.

And they aren't Finecast, they're all plastic. Even the 4 Wizard models in clamp-packs. Although I think the Cockatrice is Finecast.

Finecast just seems to be replacing Metal, phasing out slowly, so it looks like the range of the future will be Finecasts and plastics, not metal and plastics. All the Finecast models were originally Metals.

Take this with a pinch of salt (or maybe a bucketfull), after all, this is just speculation and accumulated rumours from around the net.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New models are on the GW site. The dragon and the sorceress are part of the "storm of magic" thingy.

imho I hate the dragon with the tail between it's legs, the rest of the monsters are cool.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

pfff
    i just saw the new dragon and other models

they look so rubbish and plastic

1st of all dragons are supposed to be these big furious monsters which will kill any man with ease
    this dragon looks although it hasn't eaten in a few years and has just woken up and having a yawn (maybe it was hibernating or something)
    its soooo skinney with a massive head

look at the dragon ultraforge put out and there is no comparison
    that dragon looks like it means business while this 1 looks like its too lazy to go fight in some battle and wld rather go back to its nap

however the rider does look cool and is the only DE model i like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

R u serious! This dragon looks freaking vicious! The teeth r kinda weird, but other than that I think it's a massive step up from what they had before. And that sorceress is gorgeous too.
    nothing like inter species cooperation!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Bought the new Sorceress model (along with the Warriors of Chaos Sorcerer) on Saturday, it is an epic model.

Loving the new dragon, a lot better than the "Maori Haka" Dragon. Manticore isn't to my taste but I can see it's a good model, the Cockatrice is godly and the Chimaera looks better in it's blue colour scheme.

But, everyone gets their opinion. Please don't turn this into a flame war between Pro-model/Anti-model, you run the risk of looking like a prat.

P.S. There was a lot of hate for Trish Morrison on a well-known Forum for sculpting the monsters. Turns out Trish Carden was the sculptor....

Vargarna i Vinterkylan

+ Reply to Thread