Crimson Death Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crimson Death Question

I don't play DEs, although i do find them appealing. However I recently played against a DE player and he plays with a item called Crimson Death, which looks basically like a powered up Halbard. Anyhow the item stats in it "Bearer strikes with Str 6, never modified".

Does this mean the character can never benefit from Lore of Beasts or a Potion of Str. Also does this mean he would be immune to any Str debuffs, from lore of shadows lets say, or Night Goblin Netters.

This never came up in our battle, but as I was staring at the item in AB the thought came in my head.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Yes.

Crimson death cannot be reduced or increased unless you actually remove the item.

Good thinking asking ahead.
    "Take their gold, burn their homes, kill their familes and enslave their souls. Show them no mercy...oh and could you post these letters while you're out?"
    -Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but there is one exception to this rule. I found this out whilst looking at the Dwarf AB and the FAQ (I'm flirting with the idea of doing Dwarves....maybe just lots of units of Slayers).

The exception is a rune called the Master Rune of Steel. The rule is that all attacks over S5 are treated as S5. The FAQ states that when Crimson Death and the Master Rune of Steel meet and conflict each other with their rules (No attacks over S5/always S6) then you roll off each turn to see which takes precedence.

Not really too important but just thought I'd mention it.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Sorry to drag up an old thread, but there is one exception to this rule. I found this out whilst looking at the Dwarf AB and the FAQ (I'm flirting with the idea of doing Dwarves....maybe just lots of units of Slayers).

The exception is a rune called the Master Rune of Steel. The rule is that all attacks over S5 are treated as S5. The FAQ states that when Crimson Death and the Master Rune of Steel meet and conflict each other with their rules (No attacks over S5/always S6) then you roll off each turn to see which takes precedence.

Not really too important but just thought I'd mention it.
    Ahh gw, forcing irresistible forces to meet immovable objects since 6th edition..

Jokes aside this is a very, very annoying thing to do everyturn. My good mate plays dwarfs regularly against my DE.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

It is annoying, but you don't have to do it every turn, just whenever your character/champion with Crimson Death comes into base contact with a Dwarf character with the Master Rune of Steel.

Prevents various arguments that invariably occur (One example was one guy saying that Crimson Death should be ignored because the Master Rune of Steel costs more.....).
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The CD almost invariably ends up facing off against invinci-dorf every game. Even when I switch up who has it. I've started putting killing blow in units though, since you can only have either the MRoS or the immune to KB/Poison, not both on invinci-dorf.

+ Reply to Thread