Witch elvess or exicutioners?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Witch elvess or exicutioners??

hello.
    i whant to expand my DE army but i cant decide if i whant witch elves or executioners , so any tips or ides whoud be great. Is high strenght or loads of attacks best ?
    thx.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

completely depends on what they are fighting
    if its against warriors of chaos or high toughness and armour troops then executioners are the best choice
    if its against low tougness troops or low armour saves then witch elves

these 2 have completley different roles and really couldnt be more suited to different roles

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

sorry let me explain better as just reading my post it doesnt make much sense

so executioner are good against
    warriors of chaos, lizardmen, knights and hence brettonians, dwarves, and orcs

witch elves are best against
    marauders and other types of men, monsters, elves etc

i am looking to start dark elves and think executioners are better than witch elves just due to the fact that we have things like spearmen and crossbow men that can do the same as witch elves but stuggle against what executioners excell at

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

It would help if you gave us the rest of your list, or at least what units you're using...

A unit of ahw Corsairs with the Sea Serpent Standard will probably to just as well as witches unless you horde the latter as Corsairs have decent armour whilst still benefiting from the same attacks. Witches do get poison and initiative 6, but this will often be made obsolete as against basic infantry as corsairs will strike before them anyway. Against Monsterous Infantry, Witch Elves can be good in large numbers, but so can moderate units of excecutioners.
    If you need more attacks and a unit that can tear apart Monsters of all descriptions without taking too much damage, go for Witch Elves, if you need anti elite/heavy infantry, go for Excecutioners.
    "Take their gold, burn their homes, kill their familes and enslave their souls. Show them no mercy...oh and could you post these letters while you're out?"
    -Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx for the reply. i got
    10 coldone knight
    20 black guard
    24 spear
    20 black arc ( extra weapon )
    30 reapeter x-bow
    1 hydra
    2 boltthrowers.
    i mainly facing skaven so maby witches are beather here ?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

In your list I'd say, go for the exces.

You've already got your corsairs, crossbowmen, spearmen and black guard to dish out the attacks, you just need a unit that can hit consistantly with high strength attacks. It's usually not a good idea to tailor your list to beat a specific army, and in your case, even against Skaven, Excecutioners would be better, they provide you with a base of consitant high strength attacks and have KB to boot (useful for taking out characters which denies Skaven the LD boost they need).
    "Take their gold, burn their homes, kill their familes and enslave their souls. Show them no mercy...oh and could you post these letters while you're out?"
    -Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

yea executioners with the flaming banner

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Why not take both?

Pretty much everything that needs to be said has been said, except for this.

Two units of 50 Witch Elves, Hellebron, Cauldrons and plenty Executioners.....the best army ever.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with Ravenblade. I've had so much success with my Khane army that it's sick. Helebron....a cauldron....lots of witches....2 hydras...and executioners is just nasty all around. If you make witches "core"...they are more cost-effective than corsairs. The only downside to going with Helebron and Cauldrons is that it takes away points that you could be spending on a sorceress or two...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Why would you need mages??? Means less points on Witch Elves.

An alarming amount of my opponents wrote off the Witch Elves when I told them they were in my list at 1500. Then they realised it was a single unit of 49 led by Hellebron (900pts!) with a Manticore BSB, Shades and a Hydra. They didn't write it off again after I won 5 games on the trot with them, although surprisingly no-one refused to play the massive Witch Elf Deathstar unit....maybe because they reasoned it's 50 models with no Armour Saves.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast