Unit fill for corsairs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unit fill for corsairs

So I saw a link about this idea on the WoC forum and got me to thinking about my least favorite looking army. Anyone have suggestions on filler that would look cool for corsairs?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    367 (x5)

Not entirely sure what you mean by "filler." Do you mean to use instead of the Corsairs models?
    (WH40K) Dark Eldar - (12,000pts) Sisters of Battle - (5000pts) Dark Angels -(3500pts) (WHFB) Dark Elves - (10,000pts) Beastmen - (5000pts) Empire - (3000pts) Wood Elves - (1500pts)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya basically...the post I was reading talks about using a model of some type like maybe a cauldron to represent a bunch of corsairs in the middle of the block rather than having to buy 40 corsairs (or my true hatred making them line up and look good)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

The filler he means is this -

xxxxxx
    xoooox
    xoooox
    xoooox
    xxxxxx

x = Actual corsair model
    o = a creative thing in the middle that represents 12 corsairs, which you remove once 12 die. It could be a few corsairs on a big base sacrificing a chaos warrior, or something cool looking that looks like it could belong in the middle of an army.

The purpose is to be able to rank up those pesky corsairs and their annoying weapons etc that never like to fit together..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you could go buy a mini ark from a christian store or something and put in on a monster base....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

One good unit filler I've seen used is Corsairs with hunting wolves (chained Chaos Hounds). You can stick them on 40mm bases so they'll count as 4 models. I personally don't have any unit fillers at all...I'm the fool who actually painted and has to rank up 50 Witch Elves, 50 Corsairs, 76 Crossbowmen and 70 Spearmen.....Corsairs are the only ones that are b*tches to rank up neatly though.....

If I remember correctly Chariot bases are 6x3 (might be 1-2 smaller/larger) so those could come in useful if you want to use them for unit fillers.

You could also have a few dioramas of netted/harpooned captives the Corsairs have run down in there.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

+ Reply to Thread