warmaster vs non warmaster - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

warmaster vs non warmaster

alright another post not sure if this belongs here or somewhere else but...i was recently trying to purchase a cold one chariot to fill out my dark elf army (i want to own at least one of every unit and this is one of the last things i need to buy) and was surprised to find that the gw website doesnt havnt one listed! when i do a search of their website i ran into this area listed as warmaster which has a few dark elf units that seem to look diferent than normal monsters some i like more some i like less and all are generaly less expensive than their non warmaster counterparts. What is the real diference (besides looks)? would a unit from this warmaster be considered legal if i decide to play in a tournament of some sort? and finaly, if recomended away from the warmaster area of the website, what should i use to create myself a cold one chariot?

2. Remove Advertisements

6 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x4)

They are Epic scale. so just bigger than a 2p peice alot of the time. They look different becasue they are soooo small.

The best way to make a charoit (arguably expensive) is to buy cold one knights, and use the mounts with the HE lion chariot. I converted a lion into a manticore to make it more cost effective and i used the horses as mounts for my dark riders, which themselves where converted from legs from the COK box and Corsair torsos and crossbows.

There are no current dark elf chariots becasue the ones they had, had the old Godzila looking coldones, and they decided not to resculpt the others, so just stopped the chariot all together. It would be nice for wave release, Plastic CO Chariot, Whitches, Blackguard/Executioners.
    Last edited by saltrock36; February 6th, 2012 at 11:56.

Aberdeen. Scotland
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

There was the good old rumour that there was a new plastic wave for DE's coming when the metal Chariot was removed from the web store....but then again you can't believe everything on the internet.

Warmaster models aren't tournament legal: wrong scale. As previously mentioned they're really, really small.

The High Elf chariot is the best option open to DE players at the minute. I did make a chariot out of one...however it's turned out a bit...rubbish IMO, but that's mainly my fault and my continual debate on whether or not the style of the model fits in with the army. Luckily I still have 2 of the metal ones kicking about. Sure they've still got the old Cold Ones but they've done me proud for the 8 years I've had them and long may they continue to do so until they retire.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

+ Reply to Thread