Magic resist and killing chaos mages - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magic resist and killing chaos mages

Ok folks got another one for you guys sorry I'm posting every week with questions it seems but I hav no good local stores to learn at where I am...todays questions are easy...would ward saves work against wounds chased by the feedback scroll? The reason I want to know is my opponent who runs warriors of chaos has recently started to take a lot of magic resist items on his Mage and is using that Mage to protect his large block of knights I used to pick off with lore of metal spells so if the feedback scroll won't let me pick off the Mage by surprise any other ideas on picking him off?

I'm pretty sure he is right but I also did want to check if mr stacks with other wards...he is getting a 1+ ward save between items and his mark stuff which is just killing my magic phase

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

MR does stack with Ward saves. So if his his sorcerer has a 3+ Ward and MR2 he has a 1+ Ward save. Remember, however, that a roll of a 1 is always a failure. I don't think MR would work against the feed back scroll as thats not damage from a direct damage spell. He'll just get his 'normal' ward save against that one.

As for combating them. Shadow magic them down. Reducing their Str or WS really hampers Chaos players (trust me, I am one) and anything else which reduces their ability to kill you. Even plague of rust or that lead spell can annoy of screw over Chaos Players. Word of Pain is really bloody annoying.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool thanks! I'll give it a try today and see how it goes

+ Reply to Thread