What do you think the new 8th edition crazy big model for dark elves will be? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think the new 8th edition crazy big model for dark elves will be?

With the release of every 8th edition army book, there has been some new big expensive model released (normally with two or more options to tempt people to buy multiples of the same kit) Eventually, they'll get around to doing the new dark elf book and with it they'll release a similar model. So I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or hopes on what that would be.

I think some sort of sea dragon or kraken would be a fairly obvious choice and would actually be pretty cool and possibly not so over detailed as some of the other big releases. The only other thing I can think of that fits in with the fluff that I can think of would be a revamp of Malekith's chariot with some other option, probably a sorceress altar or something.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

It will probably be really big, really cluttered, and covered in spikes. That seems to be the general template to follow at least =P

[x] Really BIG
    [x] Covered in STUFF so it's cluttered and detracts from the design
    [x] Has some theme vaguely prominent within the army book

Look at the last two big models they've put out. Take VC for example:

It's really big, there's no doubt about that
    It's covered in ghosts, spikes, skulls, and blood. Not to mention it's lines go everywhere and it's a general eye sore
    It's covered in undead with blood and vampires.

Check, check, check. =P
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

I imagen a new Cauldron of Blood /Shrine to somthing else model in plastic for starters. Probably so that it looks like it can move about so maybe hovering wizard platform or slave barge of some kind.

Big monster wise, we did just get a dragon, and manticore if your up for knocking that chaos lord off the new model, but i could see a hydra ancient model if they could be bothered, chances are with a TK style platform like the sphynx for some crew to stand on. Problem is, its a bit of a cop out. Im sure it would work great with lots of attacks and no doubt bolt throwers or somthing daft on it like an engine of some sorts to buff units, but its been done. It is however the most likely route i can see them going.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Dark Elves aren't likely to appear before Wood Elves or Brettonians logically, although with Empire being released next you never know with GW...going with the trend, we're likely to be redone a half a year/a year after High Elves are redone.

Any new releases would be Plastic/Finecast of our Special choices (along with Dark Riders and Harpies) and a re-model of our special characters, although I'd imagine Morathi and Shadowblade will just be re-released in Finecast. Malus might actually be released as the same model but with a different Cold One. Malekith will hopefully get revamped. I'd imagine he'd be released as a boxed set with Chariot (thus allowing you to have him foot-mounted) and probably with a mounted variant with spare Cold One (although that would require common sense).

As for big model...it would probably be a resculpt of the Cauldron of Blood as said before, probably with a variant build (I reckon it would be something for the Wizards). We might see our own version of a Manticore, unlikely maybe, whereas I think we can expect to see plastic Harpies (BoC have them, as do other armies in SoM who take them as Bound Monsters), although whether or not they are generic or race-specific is the question (probably generic).

Please note: This is all pure speculation and probably highly inaccurate. At a push Dark Elves might appear in autumn (September/October maybe) but I'd say next year is probably the earliest for a release. Don't quote me on this though.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

+ Reply to Thread