Dragons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dragons?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone got me a Dark Dragon for my Birthday, and I would like to know if anyine here has ever included one - and more importantly was it any good? I'm definatly thinking of trying him out soon, what do you think?

A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dragons are tough to decide on. Is it worth it to have a 600 point model with a missile launcher target on its butt? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I wouldn't field a Dragon in 2k, just because of the point sink, but in 3k, I've heard its a good investment.

I have a friend that played the War of the Beard list in 2k and took 4 Dragons. The funny part is he was playing a retardedly stupid shooty dwarf War of the Beard list. I think he had 6 Bolt Throwers, and only ONE of the Dragon Princes made it to combat :blink:
    -My Warrior Priest will challenge your Chaos Lord
    -OK, my Chaos lord will slaughter you
    -My warrior priest with Van Hortsmen's Speculum will take his 7 Str 8 attacks. You die.
    -......What?
    -Take your model off the table, he's dead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe, I would never take it against dwarfs! Luckilty I will mostly be facing the Beastmen and Vampire counts, both of which have very poor missile fire. Do you think its worth it against them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't take it against Vamp Counts, as their immune to the terror, and unbreakable. Beasts of Chaos, however, have very poor Leadership. Even against Khorne/Slaanesh/Nurgle, only the Bestigors, Characters and Monsters will be immune to the terror or just take fear. Charge the Dragon right up to the beastmen herds and Terror away! Even if they pass the test, you have 5 Str6 attacks plus 4 Str6 attacks from the Dragon and Highborn.

The only thing to watch out for is Khorngors. 2 Str6 attcks each can bring down a Dragon. Just make sure you charge, because your 9 Str6 attacks kill on 2's after you hit on 3's, that should wipe out the front rank.
    -My Warrior Priest will challenge your Chaos Lord
    -OK, my Chaos lord will slaughter you
    -My warrior priest with Van Hortsmen's Speculum will take his 7 Str 8 attacks. You die.
    -......What?
    -Take your model off the table, he's dead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My beast friend does not like marked units (undivided purely because he likes the forest type beasts as opposed to the chaos beasts) and he hates bestigors. I'll have to watch out for the chariots though (but if my lord has a gauntlet of power - instant kills so he might not have the guts to charge&#33 Do you think its worth charging right into a Dragon Ogre Shaggoth? I know I can beat it, but it might take more than 1 turn and I might take some serious Damage in return. My friend likes his monsters (as do I&#33 so a 'clash of the titans' type battle will often occur

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

Originally posted by lotr88@Dec 24 2004, 10:34
    I have a friend that played the War of the Beard list in 2k and took 4 Dragons. The funny part is he was playing a retardedly stupid shooty dwarf War of the Beard list. I think he had 6 Bolt Throwers, and only ONE of the Dragon Princes made it to combat :blink:
    [snapback]285452[/snapback]
    Sorry, I'm new to the whole fantasy warhammer stuff, but what is the "War of the Beards" list?
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was in a white dwarf. Its illigal to use unless your playing agianst someone else using the War of the Beard Lists (there much more powerful&#33 So i wouldent worry about it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

Alright then.

And I would say dragons can be amazing in battles, I've used them once (my high elves vrs my enemy's chaos. It was quite the deciding factor in the battle, allong with my comets (or whatever they're called).

But aside from being really good in game terms, they're quite impressive models and have the psychological intimidation thing going for them.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

+ Reply to Thread