[list] Dark Elf Vs Chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m fighting my first warhammer fantasy battle tomorrow night, and will be battling a chaos force consisting of lots of Marauders, chaos warriors and chaos knights. I don’t know for sure, but if I had to place money on it I’d guess this would be a Nurgle army.
    I’m not expecting to win, and this is my introduction game so all I really would like is a simple “yep this is a sound army” or “you fool you’re going to get your ass kicked” with maybe a few suggestions as to how I can improve. I don’t have any executioners or witch elves, but I do have some black guard (20) and shade figures (6) more COK (5) and another RBT.

This is my current army I am taking (needs about 100 points shaved off) for a 1500 point battle.

Noble mounted on a cold one, heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, sword of might, shield of ghrond (leads the COK into battle). 156 points

CHAR
    Assassin, manbane, additional hand weapon, rune of khaine. 179 points

Sorceress, Level 2, seal of ghrond, dispel scroll. 180 points

(Assassin) 25 dark elves with spear, shield, full command. 225 points

CORE
    12 dark elves with repeater crossbows, shields. 144 points

12 dark elves with repeater crossbows, shields. 144 points

5 dark riders, repeater crossbow. 120 points

5 dark riders, repeater crossbow. 120 points

SPECIAL
    6 COK, full command, banner of murder. 264 points

RARE
    Repeater bolt thrower. 100 points

Total= 1632 points

EDIT:

dont get fancy with the brackets for the[list] tag, just use brackets, and nothing else...

- Slai

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many pts battle are you playing??
    Anyway, your dark elves with repeater xbows wount do much, unless he brings maruaders. If your're shoting at warriors at close range, and all 12 can shoot than you'll statictically only kill 2 of them every round. Maruders on the other hand : 6-4 depending on equipment.

I would drop one unit of repeater xbow. Then you'll be under 1500 pts.
    And then drop shields on reapeter xbow men and give assassin the manblade poison. That way he'll be able to challenge even the tought chaos fighting charracters he'll be alowed to use in a 1500 pts game

Other wise very good army ( IMO at least ) for a first timer (Y)
    We Norwegians are a simple folk. We just use a new dialect every two miles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, I can't take much of the complement- I'd say I'm more of a good listener, as I just nicked ideas from other parts of this forum

Um, just to nitpick a bit...I gave the Assassin Manbane, and said it was a 1500 point battle at the start?

Thank you for the advice, I'll drop a unit of RXB and see what happens.

Wish me luck!

+ Reply to Thread