Good Idea? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good Idea?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Idea?

Just wondering, if I was to attach a noble with a Draich of Dark power, heavy armor and a sea dragon cloak, could he not be picked out in close combat when attached to an infantry unit?

I like the concept of a fast str 6 weapon, and It works for the Draichmaster Model that I am using. The usefulness of it hinges on whether or not it will survive a few rounds of C.C.

Where's your Baritone Saxophone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

He could be hit in close combat if your opponent specifies that the models in base contact are targeting him, otherwise all attacks go against the unit. Your opponent could also issues a challenge. Protecting your characters in a unit is a good way of keeping them alive for longer though.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he can only be picked out in CC by models in base contact with him.
    But I'd normaly only use lesser Magic Items on heroes, mainly to give the better ones to my lord/s. But ofcause if you plays a >2k game it's cool... but I'd put him on a cold one or a chariot in that chase to give him even better save.
    On foot heroes I'd rather use blade of spite and armour of darkness or a magic banner.

tips: in smal games Nobles on DPegasus with death mask, terror and flying is very nice... specially against low Ld armies. but ofcause in bigger games I'd rather use a beastmaster on manticore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Master mentions the "Draich of Dark power" and zhaf mentions the "blade of spite".
    Forgive me for my ignorance, but i haven't heard of these items. The reason being I have the older version of the DE army book, the one before the ammendments to the Dark Elves. In other words my book is the one where Executioners still have light armour and cold one knights still have Ld 8. Are these weapons you mention in the new book or some other list?

Thanks

Reignfire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reignfire
    Grand Master mentions the "Draich of Dark power" and zhaf mentions the "blade of spite".
    Forgive me for my ignorance, but i haven't heard of these items. The reason being I have the older version of the DE army book, the one before the ammendments to the Dark Elves. In other words my book is the one where Executioners still have light armour and cold one knights still have Ld 8. Are these weapons you mention in the new book or some other list?

Thanks

Reignfire
    np... lets see... I'll make a smal FAQ for all of you who seeks answers :

GW has put up a whole page of old articles from Annual 2002 as well as the Chronicles AND official special characters! Read it all now here.

Q: Where can I find the rules for Mengil Manhide and his Manflayers?
    A: here.

Q: I heard about a revision, what did we get and where can I get it?
    A: the Revision can be found here.

Q: Cult of Slaanesh army list? Same question as above.
    A: The Cult of Slaanesh army list can now be downloaded here and it is official and will remain official even after the campaign

Q: I heard about some new magical items that didn't come from Albion? Where are they?
    A: the Cult of Slaanesh list, they can be used in normal dark elven armies too. see link above.

Q: What about the magical items that did come from Albion? Where are they?
    A: They can be found here and are official for use.

Q: Do the revision apply to the cityguard list as well (cheaper warriors, 2 for 1 chariots and so)?
    A: No it doesn’t.

Q: What exactly can I mount my battle standard bearer on, and what equipment can I give him?
    A: A cold one, dark steed or chariot only, and you can give him armour and a sea dragon cloak. You can't give him any magical weapon that requires two hands to use, or any magical armour that includes a shield.

Q: Where can I find the rules for the different hydras?
    A: Here and they are official

Q: How does the Cityguard formation really work?
    A: The first rank must and may only have repeater crossbows; the following ranks must and may only have spears. If the front rank has a hand weapon, shield and light armour you gain a 4+ armour save in close combat as you use the hand weapon and shield. This is a special rule for the city guard. In addition the command group must also pay for repeater crossbows as usual since they are in the front rank.

Q: But where can I find the rules for the cityguard then?
    A: Here and it is official.

Q: Watchtower list? Where can I find that?
    A: Here it is official too.
    Last edited by zhaf; April 7th, 2005 at 00:51.

+ Reply to Thread