Druchii Annointed Equipment - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Druchii Annointed Equipment

I was wondering if the whip of pleasure a hand weapon. The way it is regered to seems to note otherwise, but I am not sure of that.

Now, there are two sets of equipment that I have considered to equip the anointed with:
    Whip of Pleasure, Blade of Ruin
    Draich of Dark Power, Quickining Blood, Cloak of Shadows

Oh, on a side note, do I have to pay for the mark of Slaanesh for each Reaper that I take, or is it 5pts per rare choice.

Where's your Baritone Saxophone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

If the item does not specify otherwise then always assume it is a hand weapon. But I see you are giving the annointed two magic weapons, which you can't do. You can only have one MW per character - unless they come as a pair.

And you pay 5pts per Reaper for the mark.

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I did not know that. Thank you.

I suppose the first build will now be Quickining Blood, Blade of ruin and the origional hand weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Master Overcannon
    Hmm, I did not know that. Thank you.

I suppose the first build will now be Quickining Blood, Blade of ruin and the origional hand weapon.
    He can't use that either... if a character uses a magic weapon then that is the only weapon it's allowed to use. So Blade of Ruin + additonal handwaepon is a no no.
    But this combo is rather nice: Great weapon + Quickening Blood + Soporific Musk + Aura of Slaanesh, mounted on a steed of slaanesh.
    Or this combo: Great weapon + Quickening Blood + Heartstone of Darkness + (Soporific Musk or Aura of Slaanesh), mounted on a steed of slaanesh. for better defence...
    Level up to lvl 2 sorcerer if you want for the additional dispell dices and magic.
    Your Atointed will cut monsters, lords... you name it like a hot knife through butter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgive me, but I belive I am fine on the Blade of Ruin+Hand Weapon.

"May Choose Annointed Daemonic Gifts and Dark Elf Magic items..."
    - Page 1, Cult of Slaanesh Army List, Copyright Games Workshop 2004, no challenge to copyright intended.

I am just thinking, if you wanted your guy to be a Sorc, why not a darkstar cloak? That would be good.

Oh, I was thinking of how to get the Assasins back into our army. I came up with this:
    Noble, Chaos Armor, Mark of Slaanesh, Blade of Spite, Cloak of Shadows, Hand weapon. Four attacks and scout. Take out some very nasty war machines that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgive me, but I belive I am fine on the Blade of Ruin+Hand Weapon.

"May Choose Annointed Daemonic Gifts and Dark Elf Magic items..."
    - Page 1, Cult of Slaanesh Army List, Copyright Games Workshop 2004, no challenge to copyright intended.

I am just thinking, if you wanted your guy to be a Sorc, why not a darkstar cloak? That would be good.

Oh, I was thinking of how to get the Assasins back into our army. I came up with this:
    Noble, Chaos Armor, Mark of Slaanesh, Blade of Spite, Cloak of Shadows, Hand weapon. Four attacks and scout. Take out some very nasty war machines that way.
    forgive me but why would your blade of ruin + hand weapon be allowed because you quoted "May Choose Annointed Daemonic Gifts and Dark Elf Magic items..." Blade of ruin is a Dark Elf magic weapon yes... but the handweapon is neither a Annointed Daemonic Gift or Dark elf magic item. And it states clearly in the rule book, under magic weapins p152, that you can't mix mundane weapons with magic weapons.
    Quote from the rule book: "A character who has a magic close combat weapon cannot use another close combat weapons - he cannot have a magic sword in one hand and an ordinary sword in the other, for example." End quote
    And if you though my combo was illegal by quoting that ("May Choose Annointed Daemonic Gifts and Dark Elf Magic items...") it also clearly says right after... lemme quote again.
    Quote from the Cult of Slaanesh army list: May Choose Annointed Daemonic Gifts (see page 86), Dark Elf Magic items, any any Slaanesh Daemonic Gifts and 'Models with Mark of Slaanesh Only' items from the Horders of Chaos book to a total of 100points End Quote
    So my equipment combo is legal while yours is not. Oh and my adding one or two sorcerer levels purpose is to add more dispell dices to the army, and the Anointed being able to use magic is just a bonus... but I don't really rely on him casting magic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry man, I was not in the right for that. Perhaps I could use a Shield. I was thinking you were saying that the Blade of Ruin was an invalid choice. My mistake. I do need to look at that rulebook again. My quote was nto specific to the true root of your comment.

Hmm. That changes options I was thinking of considerably. Thank you for the clairifacation.

Still quite new to warhammer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Druchii Anointed - 461pts
    Great Weapon, Chaos Armour, Mark of Slaanesh, Magic Level 2, Steed of Slaanesh
    Quickening Blood, Soporific Musk, Heart-stone of Darkness

Has beaten a Nurgle Dragonrider to a pulp. Reduces a Blood Dragon Lord's WS to a meagre 5, and so on. That thing should be illegalized ASAP...
    Last edited by Teron; May 24th, 2005 at 22:07.
    Use Light, Beasts, Metal instead of Heavens
    NecroLords: Use at least one Death Mage
    Brets: Use Peasants&Damsels
    Skaven: Don't use Skryre SAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That seems resonable for 400+ points. That is more than a fifth of a 2000pt army, almost a quarter! For that many points, why should it be Illegal. You could have a similar chaos lord with the Whip of Pleasure, Gaze of the Gods, Crimson Armor of Dargan, and the mark of Slaanesh. Just about as good, eh? On a Steed of Slaanesh, he would have a 3+save, 4+ ward (while ignoring its negative sid e effect) and always strike first and a leadership test to hit him. All he would cost is 375pts. Shouldn't that be illegal too?

Well, my apologies for being wrong the times that I was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes yes but the CoS is a cheesy army and the anointed is über cheesy cause he has all the advantages of beeing a daemon but noone of the disavantages, but adding the aura of slaanesh adds so much more punch to his offence... making him almost always breake units ... you all have to live with that GW likes to make cheesy armies

That seems resonable for 400+ points. That is more than a fifth of a 2000pt army, almost a quarter! For that many points, why should it be Illegal. You could have a similar chaos lord with the Whip of Pleasure, Gaze of the Gods, Crimson Armor of Dargan, and the mark of Slaanesh. Just about as good, eh? On a Steed of Slaanesh, he would have a 3+save, 4+ ward (while ignoring its negative sid e effect) and always strike first and a leadership test to hit him. All he would cost is 375pts. Shouldn't that be illegal too?

Well, my apologies for being wrong the times that I was.
    I think that Teron meant that the anointed beeing ~470pst could easily beat ut a chaos lord on dragon witch cost at least 670pts and uses up one hero slot more... and the Chaos lord can't use spells.

But stick with the combos I gave you and you'll be über.
    Last edited by zhaf; May 25th, 2005 at 10:37.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast