Librarium Online Forums banner

Newbie Q - Male wizards

624 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Arkofshadows 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I am seriously considering collecting a new warhammer army (I have an orc and goblin mob already). I find myself liking the look of the dark elves more and more.

I have a few dark elf models that includes a male dark elf sorceror that I would like to lead a future fledgling dark elf army.

I have read somewhere on the net:
"Sanctioned Dark Elf wizards are all female and are known as Sorceresses (male sorcerers have since all be killed because of the prophecy that Malekith will be killed by one of them.) Male Dark Elf sorcerers do secretly exist but they work deeply undercover, perhaps in the Old World?"

Question is, can I have a male sorceror in the dark elf army? Is it legit? It may sound like a mute point - (ie male or female sorceror - who cares?) but I need to use this old model! (not to mention a saving of a fiver).

Apologies if this question has cropped up elsewhere - Im just about to enter my credit card details at games-workshop online!

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
Use the male model and tell everyone that its just the same as a female sorceress. it will work in friendly games for sure, but i dunno about tournaments. a sorceress on foot doesn't cost much if you need it for tournaments...

#3 ·
The "fluff" in the DE book says that there is a prophecy that Malekith will be destroyed by a male DE sorcerer. Hence he has forbidden males from becoming sorcerers. I have themed my Dark Elf host as being led by a renegade male sorcerer. The Mordheim Elf mage looks great for this. Essentially he has fled into exile with his loyal followers. This means that I haven't taken black guard or executioners (as they would be too loyal to Witch King). The witch elves are a bit problematic (I can't not take them!) so I am slowly changing my army to be a Cult of Slaanesh army with the sorcerer devoting himself to Slaanesh in return for the power to challenge Malekith. It keeps me entertained...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.