i need help with the pointy ears - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i need help with the pointy ears

To start of im new to DE.. but both plays Beasts of Chaos, TK and Ogre Kingdom (yes im very poor)!
    I belive I know the warhammer world enough to write an atleast medicore army with every race, but those DE is putting up a fight. With chaos im used to expensive chars and stuff but belive me, I have made me some new personal records! (better start showing what i have made up now).

High sorc on a dark pegasus, lvl 3 with 4+ ward, the doombolt boundspell, and the she knows an extra spell - 370

sorc lvl 2 with a dispel scroll and a power dice 175 (could join corsairs)

assasin with add. hand wep. +1 attack and manbane - 179 (hidden in spears)

CORE

20 warriors with spears, shield, light armour and cmd - 185

15 corsairs with cmd and war banner - 200

10 warriors with repeater crossbows 110

SPECIAL

10 witch elfs with cmd and standard of slaughter - 195 (i think)

chariot - 95

5 shades - 70

RARE

2 reaper bolt thrower - 200

war hydra - 220

this should give me a unit strength of 71, 8 power dices and 5 dispel dices!
    I dont like writing armies against a specific oponent so i want some of all.. i think this army has nice magic (not heavy i know), some shooting and can give a puch in CC.
    The plan somewhat is to make the enmy come to me by shooting and rendering him unable to shoot with help from magic.. block one flank's march with shades and then make a punch in CC when they get close.

plz i need advise i dont have all the figures yet.. and if you guys dont like this setup at all im going to buy some stuff for my other armies first! thx for your time

Third

Last edited by Third Echelon; August 15th, 2005 at 23:18. Reason: crappy spelling

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmmmmm, I dont think that the army you have is fast enough, I would switch the witch elves for coldone knights and with the corrected rules you can now have 2 chariots per 1 special choice. You need atleast 1 unit of dark riders, they can make people fear you, the dark riders can pack a punch if they flank a unit your spears are fighting. Thats all i have to say for now. DE is a truely hard race to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Make a slight change to the Assassin. Take the magic sword that Auto wounds on a 5 or 6 and keep the +1 Attack. This will free up some points and let's the Assassin wound anyone or anything no matter their toughness.

Drop the Corsairs plus the 10 crossbows and go with two units of 20 Warriors (Spear, Light Armor, Shields and Crossbows). You will get more staying power, options to spread out into long firing lines and a "Stand and Shoot" option, when charged. That will be usually 10 shots at least on any incoming charges. If on a hill.....20 shots on the charger! (assuming you are ranked up in rows of 5) This goes with your statement of making the armies come to you.

Witch Elves and the Standard of Slaughter. If that is the one that increases charge range. Keep it. It's a real nice surprise!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx for the fast replies

Quote Originally Posted by 1337Malekith
    mmmmmm, I dont think that the army you have is fast enough
    The list is written as a static army, not much moving about.. I doo realise that the movement of the elfs is one of their strong sides, but I would like to make it work with what I have.. later i can always expand and make the fast combat oriented army.

The figs i have is 45 warriors (20 with cross and 25 with spears), 10 corsairs, 10 witchelfs, 1 chariot, 1 war hydra, 2 reaper bolt throwers, morathi (acting as my lvl 3 sorc).. That should be all and it would be nice to use those units to start with (if it is not possible at all and deemed to fail it is possible to change ofc).

Again thx for the replies, keep them coming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

In our games at home we allow model substitution, especially when we are planning a new army. Try a few games and mix your rosters up a little to see what you like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not sure i get the assasin thing right, so just to be sure..

you will give him Rune of Khaine and the 5, 6 wound sword..? if correct i dont see where i save my self some points, could you show me? anyways..

Your setup effectivly giving him 4 attacks hitting on 3+ where 5 and 6 will wound automaticly? and then leave his str at 4? I like the fact that he would be hitting and wounding on 3+ with 5 attacks and a possible 6 str.. The thought of him was as a armour busta, so he could chop a knight or 2 so that the warriors with spears stood a chance against even heavy hitters ? no ? (I mostly play against orcs, dwarfs, woodelfs, chaos, vampire counts, skaven and empire) pretty much in written order with the first being the most likely.

again thx for your time plz everyone, give your thought on this. Third

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

I was thinking in Terms of bringing down Giants and Ogres with the occasional Dragon/Wyvern. Their armor saves are usually 4+ or 5+ at best.

I do see your point as a Character killer too. I may retink mine. I have yet to play a game as DE yet!! lol Just getting army this week. Still debating my army list as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Got home and looked over the list a little better. I agree with your take on the Assassin and I changed mine to match yours. I forgot that you can't take spears and crossbows at the same time, so that limits that option. You can go Hand weapon, xbow, shield and light armor.

Also, an easy way to get another Noble into your force and not require you to buy anything. Put him on the Chariot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that would just put me short on points.. to squeeze a noble in and give the crosses more in numbers and command. And about your assasin thread (we are kinda having the discussion here arent we?). I have thought up some that i think would come in handy in different sitiuations.

Assasin with manbane, hand of khain and add. hand wep. for 5 3+ hit 3+ wound attacks.

Assasin with the killing blow, cry of war and add. hand wep. (I call this the character killer).

Assasin with the sword that disallow armour saves. Giving him 3 attacks without armour save, without testing i think this is the best of the 3 against cavalry and heavy armour units.

thx again for helping with army!

Third

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Here is the Short version of my army at 2000 points:

Level 4 Sorceress on foot.
    Noble on a Coldone.
    Noble on a Coldone Chariot.
    Assassin.

2x20 Warriors Full Command (spear, shield, light armor)
    15 Corsairs with command.
    10 Executioners no command and Banner that adds D6" charge.
    10 Crossbows
    2 Reaper Bolt throwers
    5 Coldone Knights

I additionally have access to....unpainted unless otherwise stated: War Hydra, more assassins(Shadowblade), 10 Mengils Manflayers, 14 more Crossbows(painted), Cauldren, 6x Harpies, 3 Dark Riders, 1 Darkrider Battle Standard Bearer (painted) and 5 more Executioners w/command (painted). (I'm gonna finish the Harpies this week)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast