Fighting Against... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Fighting Against...

G'day my fine lords and ladies; I hereby present this thread to you all for use in the fighting against Dark Elves. This is to be used in whatever way you all seem fit but the idea I have behind this is...

A tactica type thing. All generals are welcome to post here any tips, tactics, unit break downs, do and don't of the armies and all list break downs (note - not army lists but maybe a skeleton list used to build off etc)

Well that's the idea, I hope it works. I will be watching these and any abuse of thread or things I decide that are not to be in here will be deleted without warning.

KU

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmmm. well the first way to beat a dark elf army is to well be ether chaos or take advantage of their T3, its the biggest weakness i know of

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this can be a start :)

hello all! Ive been playing dark elf for maybe 3 months or so now but I also play chaos. Ill try to provide some good tips on how to plow through the elves!

- Most dark elf players tend to use a bit of magic and we rely on it quite a bit so this is one big thing to look out for. Our spells are different then most because we have a few debuffs.
    Depending on how you choose your spells or whatever, know what ones he has before the game starts if you play like that. In most cases letting a magic missle through may seem bad but having a critical unit take a WS and BS down to 1 is very bad news, same with having a unit not move or cast spells. Dark elf mages arnt very tough like most and can be taken out quite easy. Look for any flying/scouting units your army may have. A unit of 1 or 2 of these may make a game go smoother.

- Dark elves are fast and they are britle. They have nice Ws and good I. Due to their High initiative they will usually get the first 2 sets of attacks off. ( They charge you, you fight back then next turn they hit first or You charge in, they strike back turn they strike first next turn). Although striking first is always nice, make sure you dont sacrifice something to big for the charge now seeing they will get the first 2 sets of attacks in most of the time.

- Woohoo finally a weakness! yes they have low str and low T. Great weapons are a nice little addition here because most of the time you will strike last to the dark elves anyways. If your army has better Init then I dont recommend it. They have low str so your armor will last which means dont be too afraid to give your men a 5+ save or so because the points have a good chance to regain themselves. Their heros and Lords also have a low T so try and take advantage to this. (ex. making a character take a strenght or toughness test for an additional effect). When hunting his heros and lords, a 4-5 T character with some nice armor will usually do the job but, dark elves have a good save as well so armor peircing or a great weapon will help lots. Dont forget your best friend killing blow!

- Take well advantage of terror and fear causing units because even though dark elves have a nice leadership, they are bound to fail some. How nice is it when a unit with a higher Ws then you needs 6s to hit!.

- Beware of his bolt throwers and other big units such as dragons, manticors and war hydras. When a dark elf player takes these he is relying on these units to do something because of their mass points. The monsters are large targets so use this well. War hydras will take up his bolt thrower spots so he does want this unit to do something and dragons and manticors mean less magic for him. So youll always want to pack some punch even vs a low T army because dark elves always have something up their sleeves.

Hope this helps some and give a general idea on what to do!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bow, bows, crossbows and handguns ! t3 shooty fodder!
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

Threat assesment ;

1. His fast units. Dark elf players as many other players rely greatly upon speed and whats worse is that there will many times be alot of them.
    Dark riders are core :w00t:
    NEVER charge a DR unit wiithout considering where you might end up cause he will flee leaving out hanging.

Now, how does you army look like?

If you are a fast/fragile army yourself you might want to focus on removing the DE players RBTs first to allow your army to maneuver the battlefield without getting shot to oblivion.

If you possess great cannons and sure yourself obviously the DE players unit to deal with these are the top choice(shades, DRs, Harpies).

2. the big guys ; ie Dragons, Hydras and manticores. The hydra is slower than the other two but is is in return very tough for its relatively cheap point cost(on top of it there are variants).
    Dragons and a highborn will comes around 550pts and will no doubt be a very important piece and downing it will cripple him for the most part(which is no easy thing to do). Basicly anything with a high S value will help here, shooting will work very well cause you wont have to feel the wrath of the dragon.
    Hydras are the mini version of a dragon, however the difference is that it wont be very expenceive especially as a beastmaster can ride it making it just around 250pts which i consider very cheap since it packs 6 str5 attacks and causes terror.

3. The rest, Basicly what would eat through your army with the most effiecency. if you are an elite force with good armourk knights and such are probably the targets you would want to remove first.

This is a very basic guide but doing one for each army would simple take to long :yes:

cheers dancey and hope it helps!
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what u sed is good but how does that apply to slaaneshcult?
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well...the cult of slaanesh can have Chaos Knights and Chaos Warriors, and you can also expect some strong magic coming your way (they get +1 to cast their spells and will be using Slaanesh/Chaos magic or thereabouts). Also, if they take an annoited you can be sure that it will probably pose a threat...
    Basically a Cult of Slaanesh army will have strong magic and will combine the speed of the Dark Elves with the power of chaos (
    I have never actually played them before so I can't give you great advice, but I would say get rid of any daemons or chaos warriors they have and try to nullify the magic as much as possible too :yes:
    ....He is coming for YOU....
    "Master Bungle is right" - Stonehambey
    "Get out of my house Master Bungle!" - Victim

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

alright, since you ask you so nicely :w00t:

1. The anointed, hands down. He is a bloody fighting monster and will make short work of most lord characters of other armies.
    Avoidence should be the best idea, however this isnt easy as many times he willl be mounted upon a steed of slaanesh.

the thing that make him such is the evil gifts slaanesh can bestow upon him, quickening blood + a great weapon and we have a strike-first model at strength 7 and very low pointcost.

the good thing however is that he will come at a rather impressive cost of 400pts if kitted out so the rest of the army will rather small(which is a common trait with a CoS army).

2. mounted daemonnettes. these fast babes really can make your day turn sour, their speed combines with cyclone of attacks is a very deadly combination however they are fragile like normal daemonettes a so can be brought down with not too much effort by shooting/magic.

3. the magic phase, i cant stress enough the importance of a strong magic defence when facing CoS. The slaaneshi lore is notoriously strong and with the already fast Dark elf units its a lethal combination.
    read up on the lore and/or learn which spells you must stop.

4. the rest of the army isnt really that special from any other druchii army other than you will never have to worry about monsters.

cheers dancey
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Closed Thread