New To Dark Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey all i dont really play warhammer persay just paint models mostly but after painting a few of the dark elf warriors i bought i really wanted to start playing them i know that they are kinda hard to play with but they look really fun so i was wondering what i should buy to get just a 500 pt army to try them out as of right now i got 16 warriors with spears and shields painted rather nicely i might add, i dont even have the codex yet so i really have no clue where to go from there besides odviously needed a character of some sort any help is welcomed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buy the army book =) . Seriously worth it. If nothing else, then just for the good reading =) . The Dark Elves have been modified quite a bit from their army book though, so you would need to get the changed rules somewhere (it was in a WD sometime) .

Well.. Cold One Knights are scary as hell. They are the shining lance of Dark Elven armies. Other than that, Spearmen are nice, Dark Riders are good for being annoying, and so forth. Read the Tactica in this section and you should get a nice insight to the dark damned soul of the closet-homosexuals that are Dark Elves =P .

Good luck getting an army. Trust me, they are worth it O_o

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

As Slai said get the army book, but other than that crossbowmen, spearmen and corsairs are the way to go. Followed by dark riders, cold one knights, then what ever takes your fancy. This should give you enough for 500pts play with this to get use to the army, then expand on what you think is missing.

But your right you do need a character, I would suggest just an ordinary noble, and a mage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the help you guys ill defiantly get the army book soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's what I would do were I you:

3 units of 5 Dark Riders armed with Crossbows.
    unit of 20 corsairs
    unit of Cold One Knights with Banner of Murder
    2 Reaper Bolt Throwers
    Some harpies or shades

Honestly, that's a basis for a good, solid, balanced army, while still leaving you a lot of room to customize the army to your liking.

Dark Riders are the best unit in the Dark Elf army. They fill a lot of roles for you, and WILL win you the game if used correctly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with asmodeus, i just realized how good dark riders are after they were not targeted for the whole game and kept my opponet from marching almost at all, and also took out 2 war machines and a mage, ouch, definetly worth it.

Closed Thread