Tactics against wood elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tactics against wood elves

What are good dark elf tactics against wood elves as I am having trouble planning how to beat them

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Shoot them before they shoot you! lol
    40K: Tyranid, Necron, Space Wolves
    Fantasy: Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had a few games against wood elves, and more often than not they've beaten me- why? because of the uber army of death also known as the dryad army.

I would advise firstly as stupid as this sounds to let every spell go except for the treesinger spell which moves trees closer to you; Dryads in a wood are unstoppable.

Oh but wait, then a treeman comes along who also casts it, and you've got no dispel dice left... I cannot honestly work out how to beat the dryad army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magic missiles ignore terrain as they do not need to roll to hit. Maybe 3-4 mages all using doombolt and chill wind would reduce their numbers? Then you could finish the job with some elite infantry or a lot of missile fire. I don't play dark elves, sorry if this wouldn't work. If dark elvels can take the lore of death, maybe wind of death would work? 2d6 hits is nasty
    go on www.blackmetalradio.com (it rules)

author of the craible (i owned god) MY version of the bible. BUY IT!!!

Member of the great british clan: WE RULE!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I can give me best if you give point value and the type of army list youll be playing it will make it alot easier. Like is he more spirit army or?

well anyways here I go

VS a more spirity army ( dryads + treekin + treeman)
    - witch elves, many posioned attacks... and they have frenzy so they will get that charge off vs fear or terror and or charged and have no tests. Treekin and treeman have high T so this will work wonders.
    - cauldron of blood can win you the game, reroll failed wounds first round is HUGE since you will need lots of 5s and 6s and every wound will count to make him run. Also keeps witch elves frenzy, very important. Also the 6+ ward save for them is nice since they will take away normal saves on your warriors.
    - reaper bolt thrower for his treekin and treeman.
    - wizards with the doombolt wand, at str 5 u are good to go on his treekin and treeman.
    - chariot will be nice but only on the impact hits cause the str5.
    - cold one knights vs his drayds will be nice.
    - executioners vs dryads will be nice.. they have I 6 so your warriors will strike last anyways so might as well great weapon them up.
    - nobles with crimson death, driach of dark power or gauntlet of power. If the gauntlet put him on a peg and fly into a treeman or treekin and challenge to a duel if he has a champ.

ok here are some things I wouldnt take, any reaper xbows and harpies ( ld is too low they will fail their fear charge.

VS a more elfish army
    - harpies are great for taking out his mages or whatever
    - shades do a harpy job.
    - Corsairs for core instead of warrior, Go sea dragon cloak go!
    - war hydra can be fun here, terror and 3 str on your hydra is nothing to be scared of.
    - dark riders with r xbows, very good for pressuring units.
    - dont need witch elves here, executioners are ok tho.

feel free to take almost anything you want here, if hardly no spirit creatures then just beware of some of his special arrows.

Hope it helps!

+ Reply to Thread