A quick question? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A quick question?

Does anyone in here use a Keeper Of Secrets in a Dark Elf Cult Of slaanesh army? What are the pro's and cons? I think for 600pts, a seriously nasty close combat unit that is also a level 4 sorc aint bad. Its about the same price as a highborn on a dragon (which COS can't take)

I have an idea to use one in a 2000 point army list, I genuinely think it could be a laugh.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't play CoS so I don't use the keeper... but out of theory:

cons:
    - it don't fly... for ~600pts you expect it to get where you want it asap!
    - it uses up not just a lord choise but a hero and a rare as well... and as far as I remenber CoS need their rare for knights or boltthrowers.
    - it has only the daemonic sv... so if you wound it it's a great chance that it'll take wounds.
    - you can't make it general in CoS.

pros:
    - it causes terror!
    - lvl4 mage
    - tough opponent in CC

I'd say why not take it in larger games (3000pts+)... but in 2000pts I think you'd better of with a nice anointed. I think accually that the anointed will do better than a highborn on a dragon and thus do better than keeper of seecrets in CC... but it's that the keeper is also a lvl4 mage that make it worth taking.
    ... yeah taking the keeper in a 2k game will deffenetly be a laugh Just be aware of warmachines shooting at it as they can reduce the wounds pretty quick.

Podhammer - The Warhammer Podcast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

I really dont recommend the KOS in anything less then 3000 pts.

It just isnt cost effective in terms of points.
    I usually find that even with its large number of attack and close combat abilities if you are fighting something with high ledership (i.e. another DE army, High Elves, Chaos or a fearless army like the undead) then the keeper is almost always beaten in CC due to combat resolution (particularly ranks, outnumbering and standards). It just cant kill enough models on its own to be a problem.

Also in terms of it's armour save, if you get charged by something like a chariot (i say this from bitter experience and playing against chaos) then the impact hits can be disastrous. I personally also play with a hero level character with magic weapon (usually crimson death) which is able to deal out another 3 str 6 attacks. This is often enough to cripple/destroy this particular deamon (A good follow up is Repeater Bolt thrower fire).

For much less points you can field a high sorceress with the same magical abilities (more if you give her magic items you cant give a greater daemon), heart stone of darkness for a nicer ward save and a dark pegasus to plonk her directly behind units and keep her out of line of sight. To augment her abilities (and still beneath the points value of KOS) simply add in a lvl 2 sorceress on foot in a unit to keep safe and make use of the extra power dice generated and give her 2 dispell scrolls for enemy magic. Magic phases will make you smile forever more.

I play as dark elves, many times as COS, and i primarily verse chaos and i find that people who place greater daemons in armies of 2000 pts or less have often mis-spent their points. You should seriously reconsider the use of the KOS.

Regards

+ Reply to Thread