Starting Dark Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey im starting DE and i was wondering how i should start like HQ choices and troops , fast attack , heavy support not sure if fantasy has elites? i just need some help starting my army

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantasy is broking down into 4 catagorys, Lords and heros (kinda like hq) Core(troops) special (elites, fast attack, and heavy) and rare (rarery special I guess....) For dark elves I would recomond getting some core first, warriors, corsairs, and dark riders, and a noble/highborn (a noble can count as a highborn once you get to larger games.) and sorc/high sorc. Also get the wfb rule book and dark elf army book, and go from there, pick what you think looks good or sounds good, and just keep adding more core, some special, and a few rare, also maybe get difrent heros/lords (assassin, mounted noble ect)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good Way to start is to Get:

2 Box's of dark Elven warriors (Thats 32 - a good thing to do is make 20 of them spearmen, and 12 of them crossbowmen)

A sorceress Modal

Malus Darkbalde? (For use as a Noble)

Dark Riders (Is that a boX? I think it might be im not sure)

Perhaps Get a Chariot and maybe get some cold one knights.

Then go from there
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty simple, here are the basic things you should include in a standard army

3 units of 5 Dark Riders, armed with Crossbows, with each unit taking a musician
    2 Repeater Bolt Throwers
    a unit of about 16-20 infantry (Spearmen or Corsairs, depends on your style of play)
    8 Cold One Knights
    Harpies or Shades for warmachine killing and mage hunting.

That is the building block of most solid Dark Elf armies. You still have a lot of room for deviation, but getting these things will keep you pretty competitive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya, both of those lists of stuff looks like a good start, now that wariors are so cheap, i might consider to start to take alot more of them....

Closed Thread