200pts of O&G Allies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

200pts of O&G Allies

Hello All,

I'm currently in a build campaign and have recently acquired a new ally, O&G. Becuase they are my ally, sometimes I can call on there support and gain 200 points of O&G.

So DE players, if you were able to supplement your list with 200pts of O&G what would it be? NO WARMACHINES, however.

I'm thinking of adding:
    Wolf Riders x5 60pts
    -Bows

Wolf Riders x5 60pts
    -Bows

Night Gobbos x20 77pts
    Fanatic
    B&M

197 Total Pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

I Cant say i know alot about Orcs/goblins. But from what i can gather they are best utilised in close combat. So im so sure i would bother with wolf riders with bows, maybe some good CC cheap core warrior types instead ?
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by jonsolo
    So DE players, if you were able to supplement your list with 200pts of O&G
    It might help these fine folks to know what units your DE army consists of before they tell you what kind of O&G units might compliment it.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I guess what I meant to ask is, if you were to have the opportunity to take 200pts of O&G (no warmachines) what would you take? Assume it will compliment whatever units you have in your 1500pts army. I want to get a survey of what different DE players think of O&G units.

However, for the people that want to know what my force contains, it is below. BTW, this list, combined with the O&G mentioned earlier, will be facing a Khrone Demon army. Hence no magic, fear causing units, fast cavalry, and lots of shooing.

Beastmaster on Manticore
    2x 5 Dark Riders w/xbows
    20 Warriors w/spears, Banner & Mus
    11 Warriors w/xbows
    2x Cold One Chariots w/spears
    6 CoKs, FC
    8 Shades
    2 Reapers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

Ok, theres two things that I'd change.

The first thing is with your 200pts of O&G. They're one of my main opponents so here are some units that I really find annoying/ deadly (from an opponents pov) :
    - River Trolls : they can regenerate, have 3 wounds each, good attacks, s and t as well as a s6 no armour saves auto hit attack.
    - Giant : GREAT in CC, but no armour and I shoot him dead - but Khorne Daemons = no range :shifty: . Unfortunatly he's 205 pts - 5pts over your limit.
    - Big'uns with 2x hand weapons - good s & t, 2attacks each and WS4, not bad in big units.

The second thing is with your DE List. I'm not to sure about the Beastmaster. Remember, your against an army that entirly causes Fear of Terror, and you only have Ld 8, perhaps a Noble with Ld 9 might be a better investment (that'll also free up some pts). On the other hand you probably want the manticor cos it can Fly and causes Terror. If you take the Beastmaster make sure you give him all the armour/equipment you can - then he might be able to take down an Exalted Daemon (dont have the Chaos rules here at moment and cant remember exactly how good they are). Thats my advice, BUT, I've never played Chaos of any sort before so....

Regards

Dark Pain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice.
    I would very much like to add Orc Boyz &/or some trolls, but in the campiagn I'm playing allied units can not use your general's Ld. Therefore, trolls would just sit there and orcs would be scared.

As for the BM, I always equiped him with Blood Armour and SCD. Believe it or not, I usually have my sorceress be the general. I tend to be very aggressive with the Manticore and get several flank and rear charges with him in a game.

Also, with several of my units causing fear as well, I wouldn't be taking fears (except from units that caise terror of course) or terror tests often. So Leadership for psych tests is not used much.

What I hope to do is have him moving around in circles with my Dark Riders and Wolf Riders, while setting up rear and flank charges with my fear-causing units. With him not having any shooting or magic, I should be able to shoot him down and pick him apart with charges from various sides.

However, Like you mentioned, I would absolutely love to have a Giant, but 5 pts over. Bummer....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, i see what you mean. Nice tactics there, but unfortunatly theres a few minor flaws that i would change.

Firstly in this list you dont have a Sorceress, so the BM has to be your general. The problem with that is the way you said you used him (which is, i must say, clever and powerful). You ar going have to be SURE that he wont die, and against Daemons that might be hard to garantee. Remember, Khorne is the God of Blood, and his followers can rip anything to pieces.

Also, the wolf riders have only Ld 5 or 6 and they'll just run as soon as a exalted daemon dropps out of the sky beside them. Orcs at least have Ld 7. Also the orcs will prolly be able to match daemons better in CC then most DE (t & s 4). But if you use the Wolf riders good enough your plan will work.

not sure if this actually helped you at all, jonsolo, but its just a few things that you might want to adress, or you might not. Its all up to you.

regards

Dark Pain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info. Yes, I really want a Sorceress, but with all his magic resistance, he'll be useless. I may play around with my list a little and maybe include a Noble on cold one. I'll let everyone know how it goes. I actually play him tonight!

+ Reply to Thread