When will Dark Elves be redone? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When will Dark Elves be redone?

With the new edition coming out, most, if not all, armies are going to be redone soon, so I'm wondering when the Dark Elves are slated for a facelift. Thanks for input.

Pain is life, while I feel pain I still live, and while I still live I will seek vengance.
    We are few but strong in will
    The last with pagan blood
    We fought the world with burning steel
    Now we sit in Hall of Gods

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

I asked this question to Games Workshop directly before starting my army. They assured me they had no current plans to re-do the dark elf models or codex..

So, if its not even in the concept stage, such as artwork & ideas etc, then I would say it will be ATLEAST a year, but probably longer.

DE dont really need new models, the ones we have already look awesome. The only thing we need is a hero model, and a mounted sorceress that comes on a dark steed instead of a cold one..

cheers
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use the OOP mounted DE general from the classic/collectors range as a highborn and the mounted sorceress from the old dark pegasus works great as a mounted sorceress. It's slightly tough to find the oop pegasus model but not impossible. Ebay has them from time to time and I just bought a brand new one from an online store. Just gotta hunt around a bit. Besides, the OOP dark pegaus is MUCH better for WYSIWYG rules except that it has no horns which you can just green stuff onto it if you feel so inclined.
    The sun never sets on a badass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

Acording to Avian/Brimstone on Warseer, DA are possibly going to get a acelift early 2008. Or the Skaven might switch spots with them.

-Doom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly they really don't need a facelift at all. The only things I can see needing to be addressed would be the absolute crappiness that is Malekith and a few more models would be nice. Like I said though, there are a few OOP models that fill in for some of the models that aren't currently out like the OOP dark peggie. Other than having to convert some of the models DE are good. Hell, I remember during 5th ed when there were no executioners, corsairs or beastlords. Be thankful for the number of models out now.
    The sun never sets on a badass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Or the Skaven might switch spots with them.
    ??

The skaven very recently (i.e. in the last year or so) went through quite an exstensive facelift and added a number of new rules etc.
    It was in a white dwarf magazine a while back.

As for the dark elves getting a facelift. There isn't a whole lot more that needs to be done with them after the dark elves updates not too long ago.

All we really need (as someone has mentioned) are a few new models to represent various lords, sorceresses etc and maybe an army deal......everyone else has one why shouldn't we??

Regards

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I'd guess late 2007 or, more likely, into 2008. How long ago was the current rulebook published?

The owner of my local gaming store just asked if anyone wanted O&G or Empire boxes or codices because he had to order them soon. He caught me off guard with his question since I knew about O&G, but not Empire. Has anyone else heard this? Empire definitely could use new models and rules.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to the bod at the local GW (London Plaza), Empire are the next army to be
    re-done after Orcs & Goblins. Then in early 2007 come Dark Elves or High Elves. That's
    what he told me anway ...
    Cheers,
    Spon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Spon
    According to the bod at the local GW (London Plaza), Empire are the next army to be
    re-done after Orcs & Goblins. Then in early 2007 come Dark Elves or High Elves. That's
    what he told me anway ...
    Cheers,
    Spon
    I would be severly p*ssed off if they did re-release DE's as early as early 2007.. Like i said i asked them, and they told me they werent going to do it..
    I Didnt pour hundreds of dollars & countless hours into creating a beautiful army only to have it outdated, when they said they wouldnt..

by the way, what does OOP mean?.. i see it on ebay & LO.. the only abbreviation I can think of is 'Old outdated product'..

The only other thing I thought of, is that we need a new War Hydra.. the current one looks OK (nothing special), but it just looks a bit outdated.. you would think its from 5th edition or something.. and the fact that its solid metal is ridiculous..it makes its really hard to build.
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think OOP means Out Of Production, so they may still have some to
    sell, but they're not making any anymore.

I think the current hyda is one of the ugliest models GW produce. I always use
    an alternative (non-GW) model. I do think that Dark elves don't particularly need re-doing,
    but they were one of the earliest races to be done in 6th Ed, so it seems likely they'll be
    done early in 7th ed ...
    Cheers,
    Spon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast