Qs re Cult of Slaanesh - legal list??? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Qs re Cult of Slaanesh - legal list???

Hi i am new to this game and painting CoS Army -- the reason i chose this army is because i like both DE and HOC fluff and i love the models/color scheme - and especially Slaanesh. Initially i was very excited to learn about this army because it included all of the stuff i liked about this game. According to SoC FAQ it is an "official" list and you don't have to ask permission to use it. What does this mean exactly? In a recent post on DE lists someone said it is wise to tell prospective opponents (presumably this is in the event that they don't want to play against you bacuse of CoS). Anyway, as i said, i am a noob yet i have a CoS list and i am aware of some of the powerful stuff about this army.

I want to know what is the issue about this list? Is it just that the cult lists from SoC are too powerful? Is it that the anointed is too good? Is it that SoC is over? Is use of tooled-out anointed considered an unfairly cheap/exploit cheese? Why is that?

It seems that this list is still fairly popular -- can a CoS army be used for tournaments or what? How is its use limited if at all?

Have any of you played with/against CoS? What do you think about it?

What etiquette can i as a CoS player adopt to avoid conflict? (Don't say "switch to DE" either!

Thanks much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

When it says CoS is an 'official' list it means that exactly.

You do NOT have to ask an opponents consent to use it.
    You do NOT have to tell them you are using it.
    It is NOT an overpowered list.

People tend to get irritated by the CoS list mainly because it is a daunting army to face as it can combine the best of chaos and dark elves.

And yes, you can use a CoS army in tournaments as you wish.

No, a tooled up annointed is not 'cheesy' his points value perfectly reflects his abilities and he fits with the CoS fluff....a DE champion blessed by chaos (slaaneesh), simple as that.

I wouldn't worry to much about people who winge about you fielding a CoS army, they are all just bad sports.......

Have fun with it,

Regards

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I've read that some grand tourneys won't allow storm of chaos army lists, but I've also heard that others will.

My friend plays it, and I don't think it's overpowered. Actually, I think it's a tricky army to play and has certain disadvantages. It's an expensive army with few troops, and any elves have low toughness and strength. CoS has massacred me and I've squashed it in retaliation.

It does look fun, and I like the variety of units available. Those demons are nasty critters.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Is it possible to field B'elakor in a CoS army or is he unique to daemonic legion armies??

He is one of my favourite models because he simply looks so cool!!

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

Yeah I wouldnt worry about it man. No-one can winge about facing CoS..
    Especially if they are fielding overpowered armies like bretts or dwarves..
    Or cheesey armies like empire gun lines, or High elves with 4 mages etc

DE's are one of the hardest armies to master & be successful with.. 'combining' them with chaos simply bumps them up to average.. & yes the annointed is mega-powerful, but it reflects in his points.. anyone calling him cheesey is just being a bad sport.. and why the hell shouldnt we have atleast one thing that's powerful..

cheers
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no belakor allowed in CoS

Thanks for the comments about legality of the list - that is good to know. I have just finished converting/building mos of the units in the army - i have druchii anointed on foot but need to convert Lord of Slaanesh on Steed of Slaanesh figure. I am really looking forward to finishing them and using them for games.

Does anyone reading this feel differently from what has been written here about playing against CoS? Does anyone feel that it is overpowered or cheesy?

Cpt. Snowball - you cannot use any daemons except for keeper of secrets, daemonettes, mouned daemonettes, spawn of chaos and druchii anointed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is an extremely high octane list but no not overpowered. Only thing I don't like is that you can't use manticores, dragons or executioners but the annointed and chaos units more than make up for this. Annointed with gauntlet + quickening and the ring that makes your opponent need 6s to hit is just EVIL.
    The sun never sets on a badass.

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Sybaris Slaay
    Does anyone reading this feel differently from what has been written here about playing against CoS? Does anyone feel that it is overpowered or cheesy?
    I think it is not an owerpowered list for two reasons: nothing much is cheap or expendable, and you have to field some devoted of slaanesh.

Without the mandatory unit, I feel like the army could get too fast/maneuverable, to the point where nothing could touch it. I think the people who complain about it are fielding armies which are unable to deal with its speed, or its powerful annointed. IMO this reflects on their army composition/tactics more than it does on the strength of the CoS list.

Course, I'm inexperienced with the list, so I could be wrong...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

IMO this reflects on their army composition/tactics more than it does on the strength of the CoS list.
    This is usually the case. I have heard similar complaints from people versing 'cheesy' dwarf armies, tzeentch armies, undead etc.

Almost every army is capable of fielding a force people winge about, thats the whole idea of it really. Get to a point where you wield your army to its maximum effect.

And your right. The mandatory unit does even it out a little as well as the compulsory sorcerer choice (which is not much use against say dwarves or khorne).
    The whole list is full of restrictions and regulations to make it a competitive and fun army to play with.

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the biggest issue people have with this list is the annointed. On a steed of slaanesh he is extremely mobile and he'll kill just about anything in HTH with the Gauntlet and quickening. Or you can give him a cloak and let him infiltrate which is also really freaking scary. With that said he is not unbalanced at all, people who get mad at things like this just need to learn to deal with characters like this that's all.
    The sun never sets on a badass.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast