2000 Points DOW with Dwaves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Inquisitorial Aspirant librisrouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

2000 Points DOW with Dwaves

I'm Trying to incorporate my Dwarves into a DOW army. What do you guys think.

Gen. Wizard Lord - Lore of Light, Power Stone Lvl 4

Wizard - Lore of Beasts, Dispel Scroll, Lvl 2

Wizard - Lore of Metal, Staff of Sorcery, Lvl 2

Paymaster - Pistol, Talisman of Protection, Heavy Armor

10 Crossbowmen x2

10 Duellists w/ Pistols xs2

20 Dwarves w/ Heavy Armor, Shields, Full Command x2

10 Dwarves w/ Heavy Armor, Shields, Crossbows x2

Cannon (modelled with dwarves)

Giants

Simple, I know. I think it can work though.

'An open mind is like a fortress with its walls unguarded and its gates wide open' -Blood Ravens

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

I would get all Dwarf crossbowmen, they are better at not dying.
    If you can, mount the characters, (maybe put them on bears or goats or something for the dwarven theme)
    Take more power stones, otherwise you won't get any spells off. You don't need the staff of sorcery. 2 scrolls and 6 dd is more than enough.

The other advantage of having more dwarf units is that your leadership will be horrendous without them. I think the Wizard lord is ldship 7 or something.

Pick your spells based on who you are playing. Lore of Light stinks for the most part. Lore of Metal is awesome against some foes, but useless against others. Like I said, most of the time, it depends on who you are playing against

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

The set lores are just for if I was in a tournament. I actually have great luck with Lore of Light. I also play a few other high magic armies so 6 dd isn't always enough.

The lord is Ld 8 and so is the Paymaster (who is a BS so I don't worry about Ld too much. Also, the dwarves are taking the main hits (they'll be in front of the army) so they'll take most of the leadership tests, hopefully. The human x-bowmen are just as effective as the dwarves at a range though so I don't want to just ditch them.
    'An open mind is like a fortress with its walls unguarded and its gates wide open' -Blood Ravens

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Well the dwarves are a lot more expensive, so I understand the reasoning (they do the same thing practically) Leadership 8 is not very good in my opinion (fail it 1/4 of the time)
    But you know who/how you you better than I do.

Out of curiosity, what tournaments make you pre-submit what lore you're using before you go?

I've always found that the DoW and the Chaos Dwarves and the Kislev rules are incomplete. They are vastly outdated and are very difficult to win with against a moderatly good general.

You can play the heavy cav/fast moving army that has a lot of Heavy cavalry and Ogre Maneaters, but some people think that is OTT. I've never tried it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I was under the impression that Lores had to be chosen ahead of time? Or is that just some Empire rule or something?

You're right Ld 8 isn't that great. The paymaster gives re-rolls (BS and the Dwarves are Ld 9 so the army has good leadership over all. The dwarves are supposed to be screening the Crossbowmen and the Duellists (maybe) so they will be the ones making the Ld saves (hopefully.) DOW leadership isn't that great overall but this army is better than most.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by librisrouge View Post
    I was under the impression that Lores had to be chosen ahead of time? Or is that just some Empire rule or something?
    You chose Lore's of magic before each game.

1. Show up for game
    2. Idle chit chat
    3. Decide what your playing
    4. Roll for magic (i.e. choose Lores)
    5. Deployment and start the game.

Unless a particular Tournament requires you to choose Lore's in advance you choose for each game depending on what your opponent is taking.

Cheers
    Skar
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

t